Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
SuperTaco
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what all does the factory Tow Package option consist of? The owner's manual for my '02 SuperTaco says 3500# tow capacity, or 6000# if you have the Tow Package option. I still have the window decal for my truck and it dosen't include the Tow Package option. I just picked up a sweet Bigfoot 17' trailer, and it weighs dry about 2700#. So I know once I pack my gear, put the dirt bike in the back and head out....I'll be very close to 3500, or slightly over. Is the factory Tow Package option just beefier back springs & a trailer hitch and wiring? or does it other consist of things, like bigger brakes, different gearing, etc. I know on the new Tacoma's(in Canada anyways), if you get the Tow Package option, then you can't get the locking diff option. I know with the Supercharger I will have a bit more power, and with the 5 speed a little easier on the hills, but does anybody know for sure if the gearing is also changed, or what changes are included in the factory Tow Package Option?

·
Registered
SuperTaco
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK so I phoned Toyota USA today & found that the '02 Tacoma Tow Package option consists of these extra's:
-130 amp alternator
-engine oil cooler
-transmission oil cooler(auto)
-trailer hitch & wiring
apparently no suspension upgrades

I also found out that if you check the spacer/hub right behind the cooling fan and if it's green then you have the tow package option, but if it's orange then no tow package option.
I'll be hunting the wreckering yards to find a engine oil cooler, as I should have one anyways with the supercharger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts