Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just purchased a 16x7 V-nose enclosed. Towing from florida to michigan, Just would like to know what caution I should take in the snow and mountains going up I75. I only have 2WD 02 ExtCab. The trailer is dbl axel with elec brakes, installed brake controller this past week. I am worried about the snow but haven't heard anything good or bad as far as towing in it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
05 Tundra
191 Posts
I think you will do fine, how loaded will the trailer be? does your tundra have the plug behind the kick panel to plug in the brake controller?? I have a brake controller but I've never pluged it into the truck. my trailer is not big enough for trailer brakes. let us know how the towing goes. Darrin

·
Registered
2005 Tundra 2WD DC
2 Posts
Tow it!

Call me crazy, but I push my truck to the limits!

31’ Ocean Pro Parasail Boat weighing in at 13,000 lbs on a 1,500 lb tri-axle trailer – 14,500 lb total towing weight! Towed from Southern New Jersey to Ocean City, MD with a 2005 4.7 L V8 Tundra Double Cab –NO PROBLEM! Now do that with a ¾ Ton domestic! Oh wait, that's impossible because a domestic truck wouldn't even have the ability to have 105,000 miles on it and still be running! (see my avatar/profile for a picture)

·
Registered
9 Posts
your the kind of guy we see in the median with the vehicle and trailer on its top saying "I thought I was fine"

·
Registered
05 Tundra
191 Posts
I'm sure that boat sure cuts the air! & I'm sure you like pulling along side some one in a F-350 pulling a row boat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts