Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyo Proxes T-1R *NEW INFO*

Canadian release date: January 1st, 2005 / US release date: unknown

Estimated price: close to current price of Proxes T1S which will be discontinued.

Source: Steve's Tire

Product Concept

The Toyo Proxes T1R is a new generation Vshape UHP tire designed exclusively for sport sedans and coupes and that meets the demand for high-speed stability and excellent handling under dry and wet conditions, while retaining low noise and optimum driving comfort.

This new tire takes advantage of modern design technology and provides stable steering response and traction thanks to the improved tread pattern design, resulting in superb braking performance as well as improved wear resistance.

Features and Benefits

Longer wear life
The newly designed silica compound effectively minimizes heat-build-up, which together with the improved casing profile provide effectively resistance against irregular wear and structural stress, resulting in extended total wear life.

Excellent wet traction performance
The rigid tread hardness delivers excellent ground contact on dry surfaces, whereas the unidirectional tread pattern with V-shaped main grooves and rigid shoulder rib pattern ensures superior water drainage performance, outstanding wet capability and high-speed handling.

Improved riding comfort and breaking performance
Optimal pressure distribution of the tire structure ensures a road-hugging grip even under the most demanding road conditions, while retaining excellent riding comfort and breaking performance under wet and dry conditions.

Tread Design

Tread Compound

Performance Comparison

Sizes

Major tire sizes will be available upon release with more sizes coming up in 2nd Quarter 2005.

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Coooll....!!! I had a set of T1-S and to me they where the best tires I've ever had.
They glued the car to the road on dry and dissipated a bucket full of water under rain (heavy tropical rain so just imagine) giving you mad'z grip under heavy rain.

I'd love to try these.

·
Registered
193 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

the T1S is already awesome....
i wonder what the T1R can do.. :cool:

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Hopefully those shoulders will reduce some of the "softness" ppl dislike about T1-S'. The higher wear count is welcomed too. T1-S burn off pretty quick. I love my T1-S. I'll never skimp on tires ever again :thumbup:

Edit: Another thing I love abotu Toyo T1-? is the rim protector

Features/ Benefits
1.Spiral wounded edge and cap ply with jointless construction. Excellent high speed durability and precise uniformity
2. Wide high tensile steel belts. Excellent handling
High speed endurance
3.High-modulus rayon(or polyester) casing. Precise steering response and excellent traction
4.High-modulus bead region rubber. Precise handling
5.Appropriate rim protecter. Protection of the rim flange from scratches and abrasion

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
I'm getting these as soon as I can. I'm really glad you posted this because I was getting ready to buy some T1S's.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
^^dude..i wish that was by choice..and not by circumstances.....this summer has been such a let down not being able to drive the car at all.......

·
ECHO....Echo....echo....
1,022 Posts
MRQturbo said:
^^dude..i wish that was by choice..and not by circumstances.....this summer has been such a let down not being able to drive the car at all.......
The summer's been crappy...but why not take the car out? It's not like it's been snowing or anything....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts