Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time this happened to me. I just went to a toyota dealer for my free oil change. After the oil change I checked the oil and its dirty. Never changed it. The color is dark.

·
Registered
297 Posts
This is the reason I don't go to dealer for oil changes, free or not I don't trust them. On my taco the skid pkate needs to be dropped to change the filter. Not that big a deal at all just 4 bolts and it swings down to access filter, but I can just see an oil change guy not taking the time, just drain the oil, put new in. If you want it done right do it yourself.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Go back and deal with them or change it yourself and forget them.
To me there is a stupid fight of speed speed speed because sometimes the customer wants speed speed speed so both sides are hurt along with working on hourly labor. Some people don't like taking their vehicle's to the shop already so they may just want to get out as fast as possible hence the speed speed speed. I'm trying to explain what I am trying to say but I can't really describe it good.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,333 Posts
First time this happened to me. I just went to a toyota dealer for my free oil change. After the oil change I checked the oil and its dirty. Never changed it. The color is dark.
Was this your first free service at 6 months/5k miles? If so they don't change the oil on that service. They rotate the tires and check the brakes and fluids only. At 12 months/10k miles they do all of that again and also change the oil and filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts