Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noun 1. juggernaut - a massive inexorable force that seems to crush everything in its way.

:eek:hyeah:

QUOTES from LINK below:

"In the meantime, both GM and Ford need to figure out how to compete more effectively with import brands, Toyota in particular. Japan's largest automaker is a "juggernaut," and poised for great growth in the United States, according to a marketing executive at a competing car company."

"Nerad advises consumers to spend their hard-earned dollars on "the best products," regardless of which company sells them. "I don't think they [consumers] should feel sorry for [GM and Ford]," he said. "I really think that what has happened to the companies is the fault of GM and Ford. You could blame other carmakers, the union [workers], health care costs, but it was the management of the companies that made the decisions." "

RIGHT ON BROTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4023659&src=LP%20Passenger

·
Freshness
2005 Corolla S
276 Posts
well said! stop making crappy cars, and you'll sell more.. not too difficult of a concept!

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
it is always funny to see Detroit complain about the costs of the union adding $1500 to the cost of a car.

1) they were making cheap cars to begin with
2) unions DO LOSE strikes. My union, SEIU (former L250) losts a strike against Kaiser Permanente in 1986, and it took us 20 years to get off the two-tier wage scale. If GM and Ford thought UAW's demands were outrageous, they could've waited out the strike until the rank and file members gave up, and they wouldn't have the cost problem they have today.
3) building plants in the south won't make the cars any better. GM had plants in the south and closed them, just like Ford did. Those plants put out crap just like the plants in MI. (union member caveat: That's not a complaint about the work that labor does, because they do the best they can with the resources provided. The supplies acquired by management are what causes the problem.)
4) the only way they'll recapture the market would be a) to build cars their demographic foci (plural for focus) want to buy (ie. Scion) and b) acknowledge their problems and stand by their products (ie. Hyundai/Kia with the 10 year/100k mile warranty, or the old Chrysler with the 7 year/70k mile warranty).

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Amen to that. Ford and GM need to realize that no matter how much their discount them, people arent going to buy crappy vehicles.
Toyota hasnt needed to offer much for incentives to sell vehicles and that is because people know when they buy a Toyota that they get quality, reliability and dependability :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts