Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today UPS dropped off some new toys for my Toy. TRD seat covers, all weather floor mats, rubber bed mat, D-rings, and extra tie down brackets.

Seat covers: Not exactly what I was expecting. I had seen a few online shots of the covers but no real detailed shots. In my mind I was expecting a cover more along the line of the "Wet Okle". I didn't realize the Toyota covers left so much of the seat uncovered. All of the seating area is well covered however most of the seat back and some of the sides are left exposed. Installation was not too bad. Driver's side was a little tougher but nothing bad at all. Head rest covers are just OK. Not real excited about the velcro closure. Overall they will help save the seats from spills and wear and tear. Very functional. Appearance I give the a 5 out of 10. To do over I would opt for the Wet-Okle's.

All weather mats: What needs to be said here? Good fit, adequet coverage, and they have a "Tacoma" logo. If you live in a snowy area of regularly jump in the truck with muddy shoes/boots I would opt for the "Husky Liner" mats. For just my rainy climate they will be perfect.

Bed mat: I was tired of stuff sliding around on the slick bed surface. The Toyota bed mat at $58 should cure that just fine. Perfect fit, "Tacoma" logo as well. Mite get a little sound deadener benefit as well.

D-Rings: Not installed yet. We should have had 4 from the factory. Stupid. Oh well $18 and a few minutes with a drill with fix that.

Extra Tie down brackets: If 4 is good 6-8 is really good. Not really a need but nice to have additional tie down points if you happen to drag something funky shaped home.

Not as fun as performance mods or suspension lifts but stuff a lot are probably looking to buy.

Snug-Lid will be here in about 3-4 weeks. Pics and review once it's in.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Are you sure it is necassary to "drill", just to install a couple more tie down rings ? I was thinking about adding some to, since we have plenty of tie down spots with the rail system up high. I hauled some stuff last weekend and wished for a couple more D rings in the front of bed, I wonder if we can just use the bolts that are already holding the bed down? Anyone know?

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
roatan4us said:
Are you sure it is necassary to "drill", just to install a couple more tie down rings ? I was thinking about adding some to, since we have plenty of tie down spots with the rail system up high. I hauled some stuff last weekend and wished for a couple more D rings in the front of bed, I wonder if we can just use the bolts that are already holding the bed down? Anyone know?
Yes, we can. Several people have already done it. That's probably what he meant.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To install the extrad D-rings you either need to drill the bed to mount them or drill the hole bigger on the zD-ring to mount them to the bed bolts. Not a big deal either way. I will probably mount them to the bed side providing I can find a suitable backing plate.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I second the bed mat.. I helped my buddy move down to O.C. over the weekend and nothing slid at all.. moving a few bookshelves and a bed. I somehow managed to get 19 mpg too.. even with the truck all loaded down. :clap:

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
Thanks,

I kind of like the look of it in the bed.

Two tier loading for when I go camping, keeps the beer handy when I am unloading:D

·
Tina come get some ham
05 Sport 4X4
1,023 Posts
I'm picking up the bed mat tomorrow afternoon. I also am tired of things sliding around back there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Silver-Bolt said:
To install the extrad D-rings you either need to drill the bed to mount them or drill the hole bigger on the zD-ring to mount them to the bed bolts. Not a big deal either way. I will probably mount them to the bed side providing I can find a suitable backing plate.
If you follow the instructions on the install sheet it places the back plate flush with the ledge. that way the back plate won't rotate as you tighten it up.:naughty: Also, if you remove the "box" over the fender you can place your hand behind the bed in order to tighten all, this by sitting in the bed.;) (instead of tape to hold back plate)[the box comes off easy, push down from top then pull forward then lift bottom edge up n out.]

2005 Prerunner Access Cab, Desert Sand Mica
K&N, Hood Struts, Class III Towbar, Factory Tow Harness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts