Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Will the 2009 Camry 2.4 I4 intakes also work on the 2010/2011 Camry 2.5 I4? I heard that the stock air boxes did not change between the two engines and if it works then I will happily pick up an intake?

·
Registered
64 Posts
We're looking for a 2011 Corolla 1.8L for R&D and considering we've offered an intake for the 2009 and 2010 it's very likely that we'll offer one for the 2011. If you'd like, you can submit a Product Request Form here on our website http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx which informs our R&D department of interest in an intake for your application. If/when an intake becomes available, you'll receive an email and be one of the first people to know about it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Any word on when a 2011 Camry SE I4 Intake comes? I am sure it's just a matter of time
I don't show that we're looking for one for R&D, and we haven't offered an intake for the 4-cylinder Camry since 2009. We may offer one in the future though but I don't have ETAs for any of our intake kits as we depend on dealers and customers in our area to loan us vehicles for R&D.

That being said, if you fill out a brief Product Request Form here,

http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx

You'll receive an email notification if/when an intake comes out for your vehicle.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
^I've filled one of those out a bunch of times. We can't use the ones from 2007-2009 because it's a different engine than 2010-2011.

I'm feeling a bit disappointed, there are lots of members here on the forum inquiring on intakes for 2010-2011, 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm feeling a bit disappointed, there are lots of members here on the forum inquiring on intakes for 2010-2011, 4 cylinders.
I'm sure there are, but you have to consider the typical demographic of customers that purchase a Toyota Camry. Most of them aren't interested in an intake system. There is always a concentration of owners for any vehicle that want more power (and they typically congregate on forums) but its not representative of the market at large.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Yeah, but it's not like I can go steal an intake from a tC, either. That's where I've been getting most of my aftermarket parts from. Unfortunately, the damn short throw shifter won't fit, either :(

Also, you don't see the Yaris as a sporty car but there's more aftermarket stuff for that than almost any other current Toyota car.

·
The darker the better
2011 SE I4
465 Posts
Yeah, but it's not like I can go steal an intake from a tC, either. That's where I've been getting most of my aftermarket parts from. Unfortunately, the damn short throw shifter won't fit, either :(

Also, you don't see the Yaris as a sporty car but there's more aftermarket stuff for that than almost any other current Toyota car.
+1 on that, I have stumbled upon this reality on my searching.
I was totally just expecting one avail for a 2010& up I4

·
Registered
64 Posts
I checked our website, and as of 11/4/11 we're looking for a 2010-2011 Toyota Camry 2.5L for development. Maybe an intake system will be coming in the not-too-distant future... Also we've been pretty busy with SEMA and a lawsuit against Spectre, which we just won. That took quite a while.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
What happened with Spectre?

And YAY!!!!!!!!!

Matt, I'm going to post this information in the Camry section, where there are a lot of members who live in California :)

·
The darker the better
2011 SE I4
465 Posts
I checked our website, and as of 11/4/11 we're looking for a 2010-2011 Toyota Camry 2.5L for development. Maybe an intake system will be coming in the not-too-distant future... Also we've been pretty busy with SEMA and a lawsuit against Spectre, which we just won. That took quite a while.
Exciting news:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts