Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just curious as to why if this is a toyota forum website y do people praise the mazda so much

i have one more question

do u all thinki made the best decision to go with the toyota corolla sport? vs the mazda 3 sport?

i think i did

what do people think of the toyota celica?

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Beause I owned a '99 Protege and it's my favorite car I've ever owned. Rear sway bar upgrade and a tower brace and you can slalom with the later year MP3's & any Porche 911. This '93 ES 300 is about 99.5% of the satisfaction, only because it has a better system, alot of straight line potential, Lexus badge, extreme comfort, and much higher resale.

I love Mazda, always been partial to them. They have better build quality than Nissan does, with better in the handling than a Honda, while being cheaper than any of the other 3 big Jap makers.

It's more like giving up a .3-.5 seconds 0-60 across your car line, but giving it up for the greatest handling you can put in your car line and keep your lawyers out of trouble.

·
Registered
23 Posts
because mazda cars are known for their durability and dependability. and a lot of their models simply look good. they make handsome cars. the mazda protege, from what i've heard sometime ago, was ranked no.1 in the sport compact category in the states.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
love your own.. whatever you drive! even if it's a Lada..... lada fixin'! :D :lol: :disappoin

·
05 Lemon
71 Posts
:eek: Nothing wrong with Mazda's. I thought about buying a 3 as well but in the end I chose to go with the Corolla. We all drive what we choose to drive, and if people have a problem with that then they must be driving something they hate or they don't drive at all LOL! That's my 2 cents!

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
My cousin bought a Mazda 6, it was been in the shop several times for transmission trouble, several times for electrical problems, and brake problems.... He later sold it. From all the japanese cars, it would be my last pick. They just don't appeal to me. And the miata makes my blood boil. I think I need to go grab myself a coffee and newspaper now.

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
All because we own and like Toyotas does not mean that we have to only like Toyotas. To be honest Toyotas newer cars don't really do anything for me. I mainly like their older cars. Toyota right now has no real sports cars.

Mazda has The RX8 and Miata (a good substitute for AE86 being it is a light weigh low powered RWD car).

I also like Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and Honda as far as Japanese car/motorcycle companies go.

I like European car makers such as Lotus, BMW, Vespa, Renault, TVR and Audi.

On top of this I have always been a fan of old domesctic cars from Ford, Shelby and Chevorlet.

I think it is stupid to cut your self off and only like one brand.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I like Hondas and Acuras myself, as I've owned a few Civics before.. I just don't like the fact that everyone and their grandmas own one and rice them up. :lol:

BTW.. STOP REVIVING OLD THREADS!!!!! :hammer:

·
Fixing My Jet
2002 Camry LE
111 Posts
My rents have a 94 mazda 626 with well over 115,000 miles...It has been completly dependable

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
Oh no...not this again. :rolleyes:

"I promise I will not entertain any debates between Mazda and Toyota vehicle qualiity...no matter how wrong they are".

·
Registered
135 Posts
My dad had an '87 Mazda B-2000 pickup that he bought new, and he put nearly 400k on it. I have a 1994 B-4000 (read Ford Ranger) with 173k and it has been a pretty good truck, too. Mazda makes decent stuff, and I think they have always been unfairly cast into the shadow of the Japanese Big Two...Toyota and Honda. I think Miatas are cool cars...as someone else said they are very AE86-like. They are inexpensive, have a nice DOHC engine, and are RWD. My mom had one, and it handled like it was on rails. Too bad they are so femmy! :disappoin Regards, Aaron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Voodoo.Priest said:
All because we own and like Toyotas does not mean that we have to only like Toyotas. To be honest Toyotas newer cars don't really do anything for me. I mainly like their older cars. Toyota right now has no real sports cars.

Mazda has The RX8 and Miata (a good substitute for AE86 being it is a light weigh low powered RWD car).

I also like Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and Honda as far as Japanese car/motorcycle companies go.

I like European car makers such as Lotus, BMW, Vespa, Renault, TVR and Audi.

On top of this I have always been a fan of old domesctic cars from Ford, Shelby and Chevorlet.

I think it is stupid to cut your self off and only like one brand.
I agree.

But who said Toyota doesn't have sports cars. The Lexus IS300 is a Toyota. They are sold as the Toyota Alteza overseas. I think the Celica with a 2.0 liter engine that pumps out 200hp (give or take) is no small feat.

I the Infiniti G35 not a Nissan 350Z?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
not a fan of mazda at all...

the rotary is a cool motor.... makes incredible power for it's size.... but when you start learning about the rotary motors you realize the downfalls they have (like the vibrating crank at high rpm's and the apex seals of course)

also.... roommate has an 94 mx6 v6 that hasn't run in a year..... mazda is just overglorified ford products

timing isn't off (played with it a bit too).... tried 2 different ecu's, batteries have full charges (and obviously starter is cranking).... has spark and fuel..... compression across the board.... no CEL's... just won't start... and when it does even holding it at full throttle it stumbles on itself and won't rev past 1200 or so.....

·
XRSs'n
505 Posts
yeah i think Mazda is up there with the competion but i think more and more peeps here in Toronto prefer Corolla's and Civic's...i dunno why but all i c is these cars...

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
CitySubie said:
I agree.

But who said Toyota doesn't have sports cars. The Lexus IS300 is a Toyota. They are sold as the Toyota Alteza overseas. I think the Celica with a 2.0 liter engine that pumps out 200hp (give or take) is no small feat.

I the Infiniti G35 not a Nissan 350Z?
I will never concider anything with FWD as a "real" sports car. Though I will give you the Lexus part.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts