Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just got my Venza!
Venza
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Talking to the parts department of a local Toyota dealer regarding steel rims for winter, the gentleman warned me against using RAV4 17" steel rims on my Venza. He said there is a Transport Canada and Toyota advisory saying that there is some sort of tire fit issue which eventually could cause a blow-out. Sorry I can't be more specific. The point is there have been 5 reported incidents which triggered the advisory. Toyota is not liable for any damage/injuries caused by the use of those rims on a Venza. Alloys are fine. I don't know if 3rd party steels would have the same issue, but if the mold is the same as OE, I would assume they would also be at risk...

As I know many have opted for the Rav4 steels, I would STRONGLY advise you call your dealer and Toyota customer service to enquire about it.

·
Just got my Venza!
Venza
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not so fast...

Following up on my earlier email, I just spoke to a very reputable tire store I usually deal with, and the guy there laughed at my question regarding this advisory. He is well aware of this issuem, and he says it's not a Transport Canada but rather a Toyota Canada advisory, and using his own words, he says it's "verbal diarrhea" from Toyota. It has to do with the width of the tires vs rims and if you corner in high speed, and not sure how many more ifs... the tires may blow. He assured me it's a non-issue.

Regardless, be aware, and do your research.

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked with my local Toyota dealer about this as I have some 17" RAV 4 steel wheels with snow tires which I kept when I traded in my RAV 4. Apparently there is some issue with the width of the wheel, i.e. Venza's being 7" wide and RAV 4 being 6.5" wide (?)...never really got into it. I suppose it's like the frickin' floor mat issue on my 07 Tacoma...it baffles me how this became such a problem...

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is all fairly confusing. I am looking for winter rims for my 2010 Venza V6. Has there been any consensus on minimum width for a 17" winter rim for a Venza? 7"?
Thanks for any clarification or thread I could look at. Appreciate!

·
Venza with a mean eyebrow!
2013 Venza AWD
887 Posts
This is all fairly confusing. I am looking for winter rims for my 2010 Venza V6. Has there been any consensus on minimum width for a 17" winter rim for a Venza? 7"?
Thanks for any clarification or thread I could look at. Appreciate!
The generic steel rim with 7" width is what you need. I got mine from costco with model number X42751. (17" x 7") No issues. I'm running Nokian Hakka R3

·
Registered
74 Posts
The generic steel rim with 7" width is what you need. I got mine from costco with model number X42751. (17" x 7") No issues. I'm running Nokian Hakka R3
I just happened across this thread as I struggle to find any steel wheels for my 2021 Venza. When I contacted my Toyota dealer I was told they sell Toyota’s 17x6.5, 5x114.3 PCD, 60.1 bore & 40mm offset steel rims. I called another dealer who said he has no idea what the steel rim width is.
One thing agreed upon however is that this rim, the X42751 does NOT fit the 2021 Venza.

·
Venza with a mean eyebrow!
2013 Venza AWD
887 Posts
I just happened across this thread as I struggle to find any steel wheels for my 2021 Venza. When I contacted my Toyota dealer I was told they sell Toyota’s 17x6.5, 5x114.3 PCD, 60.1 bore & 40mm offset steel rims. I called another dealer who said he has no idea what the steel rim width is.
One thing agreed upon however is that this rim, the X42751 does NOT fit the 2021 Venza.
The 2021 venza is a completely different car. According to this website, the smallest steel rim that fit your 2021 venza is 18"x7". Model X74855NT.
Winter Rims Direct Fit Steel Black Wheel | 1010Tires.com Online Wheel and Tire Store , 18x7 (40 5/114.3) Offset

·
Registered
74 Posts
The 2021 venza is a completely different car. According to this website, the smallest steel rim that fit your 2021 venza is 18"x7". Model X74855NT.
Winter Rims Direct Fit Steel Black Wheel | 1010Tires.com Online Wheel and Tire Store , 18x7 (40 5/114.3) Offset
My dealer had a new Venza brought into his service area, took the wheels off and 17”ers put on. They fit fine. As someone else pointed out, these cars are built in Japan and very few have been tested by any wheel suppliers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

Talking to the parts department of a local Toyota dealer regarding steel rims for winter, the gentleman warned me against using RAV4 17" steel rims on my Venza. He said there is a Transport Canada and Toyota advisory saying that there is some sort of tire fit issue which eventually could cause a blow-out. Sorry I can't be more specific. The point is there have been 5 reported incidents which triggered the advisory. Toyota is not liable for any damage/injuries caused by the use of those rims on a Venza. Alloys are fine. I don't know if 3rd party steels would have the same issue, but if the mold is the same as OE, I would assume they would also be at risk...

As I know many have opted for the Rav4 steels, I would STRONGLY advise you call your dealer and Toyota customer service to enquire about it.
Hello ,I have a venza and fitted 17 inch aluminum (stock were 20 inch) for winter use ,years ago when I got the vehicle I wanted snow tires and the local Toyota dealer said I could only fit 20 inch snow tires ,not 19 "beacuse the car did not come with them (v 6 had 20"),problem was that there were no 20 inch steel wheels around and How good / choice of a snow tire I could have at a 20 " dia ,plus all the mounting and dismounting on the oem wheels how safe is that for a tire and the rim.
The tire shop fitted me with 17" x 8" aluminum Momo winter wheels with Goodyear WRT Ice winter tires ,I know back then they were fitting Highlander 17 " steel wheels but had to recall the "snow tire packages" back due to the tire sizing not proper for the rims.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts