Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota has detailed a new powertrain that it says will reduce C02 emissions in its vehicles by more than 18 percent.

The Japanese automaker says it’s developed a new CVT transmission, a new six-speed manualtransmission, a 2.0-liter engine, a hybrid system that pairs with the 2.0-liter and a new four-wheel drive system, all of which are compatible with the Toyota New Global Architecture that underpins the CH-R and Corolla, among more. The CVT, for starters, includes a ‘launch gear’ that improves efficiency at low speeds, and also offers a 15% larger spread between ratios. Shift speed also improves by 20% over Toyota’s outgoing CVT. The six-speed manual transmission, meanwhile, is described as lightweight, compact and features a dedicated synchronizer for the reverse gear.
Read more about the Toyota Announces new 2.0L Hybrid Powertrain, AWD System at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I would like to know a lot more about the frame, suspension, handling, and the 4WD type, and so much more. having a 2014.5 Hybrid Camry, it has it's shortcoming, and where i live a 4WD would be nice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It would be nice to see some level of improvement. I have a 2011 Camry hybrid, which drives like a city bus compared to my 2006 Accord LX 4 cyl. Southern California is not flat, so you need torque to climb hills or accelerate away from stop lights. That Accord accelerates like a scared cat; whereas with the Camry hybrid, the advertised torque is never available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
11camryhyb
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing