Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Anyone used 2016 camry XSE 18inch rims on LE? Need input on how it affects performance and if it fits?

Thank you.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,544 Posts
Rims? You mean wheels?

Yes, it will fit. Performance? MPG might drop by 1mpg at most since it's a larger wheel.

·
Registered
2018 Yaris LE hatch, 2020 Yaris LE hatch
81 Posts
I've hit quite a few potholes and hard RR tracks with XSE rims, and no tires losing air. With previous Ford Focus with 17's, OMG, had to fix tires 3 times, and once got damage from ice block. [Like Titanic hitting iceberg!]

So, not as worried.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Signed up to TN just to post this lol. I have OEM 2018 Camry XSE wheels on my '17 Camry SE. They're 19" with original tires (235/40/19). Will be needing a mild drop eventually. Hopefully this spring. Ride feels better than stock with better response because of the thinner sidewalls. I've had these on since Feb 2018 with no issues so far. ?

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
2 Posts
i was looking to put the 2018 Camry wheels either 18s or 19s on my 2017 leaning towards the 19 seeing how they look on the one pictured above

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,544 Posts
19s look amazing, until you have to buy tires for them.
Tires for 19" wheels are not that much more expensive than 18" if you know where to look. I actually got better tires and lot cheaper than I would have if I went with factory-spec'd tires when I had 19" wheels with my previous car.

·
Registered
2017 Camry SE
122 Posts
That might be true, depending on what brand tire you buy. If you get cheap, Chinese made tires, then it’s no big deal. But if you want ones that last a long time, like Michelin or Continental, be ready to pay.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,236 Posts
I want black Enkei Raijin 18"s with Continental PureContacts (pending) and stupid neon colored 16" wheels for winter. 19"s I don't trust much with Milwaukee roads in addition to bad driving habits and potential tire noise. Continental PureContacts I am still debating on but they may be my next set of tires for my 16" steelies so that will help me decide on what I want for the 18"s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
19s look amazing, until you have to buy tires for them.
I can get some cheap Uniroyals for about $125 ea from where I work or if I go with decent Toyos or Pirellis they go for about $168 ea to $192 ea. Definitely a lot less expensive now than when that size was limited to certain brands.
It helps to work in the auto biz :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts