Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i have a camry 3.0 V6 and i want to make change its suspansions and i need some advice what should i use ?

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,631 Posts
Hi everyone i have a camry 3.0 V6 and i want to make change its suspansions and i need some advice what should i use ?
Also adding your year Camry would help in your title or topic. I am assuming that you have a gen 5 Camry , years 2002-2006
You could get coil overs, BC , D2, and ksport, which lower your car and are adjustable, you can google and search eBay for those, lowering springs like eibach, H&R etc. a front strut tower brace which bolts to each of your stut towers and if needed replace all of your bushings. If they make them for your year Camry you could also get a larger mm front and rear sway bars. If I missed anything, I am sure Some one else can chime in and add to what I said or will be able to tell you specific brands. Or you could do a google search or eBay search to see what’s available for your year Camry, hope this info helps you.
Glenn

·
Registered
2004Toyota Camry V6
1,582 Posts
Save your $$. You may need every penny. Vehicles are depreciating assets. Invest in something that has potential to appreciate. An old Camry with a tricked out suspension is still an old Camry. Best advice you will ever get. Regards

·
Registered
Japan-built 3MZ-FE
59 Posts
Save your $$. You may need every penny. Vehicles are depreciating assets. Invest in something that has potential to appreciate. An old Camry with a tricked out suspension is still an old Camry. Best advice you will ever get. Regards
We are indeed in for some lean times ahead, so Donald is correct that the most logical advice is to hunker down financially. At the same time, those with consistent access to disposable income can help keep the economy moving by continuing to make responsible discretionary purchases.

Along the latter lines--most guys dedicate some small fraction of their incomes to 'toys.' Some buy wristwatches, others buy fancy shoes, others wait in line for the latest mobile device. And others tinker with their old Camrys :) They're all just possessions that will eventually get tossed in the scrap heap. You just have to decide if the enjoyment you get in the meantime is worth the expense.

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,631 Posts
Donald and SF_Panda raise very good points. 1st and formost I signed for my companie’s stock purchase plan/401k plans. I also have a nice CD account with my bank. With that said , what I have done with my car is as things went/wore out I upgraded with in my opinion nicer parts. When my exhaust went I bought a TRD SS exhaust off eBay for $250. My wheels were rotted/rusting out so I replaced my wheels while I had to replace my tires. When my brakes and rotors wore out I decided to go with stop tech slotted rotors and pads, I added a navigation system because I went to a lot of places and wanted to find them with out getting lost. This is before I got a good smart phone with google maps etc. I like cars as a hobby. My second passion is ice hockey. I have played since age 5 and played from a kid through high school to semi pro. I now play in men’s beer leagues for fun. So maybe the OP has as SF_Panda said has disposable income and wants to mod his car as a hobby. I agree Don that you have to be responsible with your money.
Glenn

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,415 Posts
Welcome to the site Salih.

As mentioned in the first response, can you please indicate the year and trim (XLE, etc.) of your Camry? Also we would like to know what suspension changes you are thinking of - I assume you want to lower it, or are you looking to make it stiffer, more sporty, add some color to the coils, things like that.

·
Registered
Look in sig
8,871 Posts
Here's some guidance.

Stock setup, just keep the original springs and replace all the hardware (lower spring seat, etc). If your looking for something stiffer, Eibach or something is there.

I also upgraded to a set of 2012 SE 17" alloys since that post. IMO looks great and handles great for not much more than the stock 16" I had. Since the 17" tires are common size, I didn't end up paying too much of a difference on the larger tires. 18"+ can get real pricey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts