Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im looking for my 1st car and came across a Toyota 92 Camry CSI edition...

It looks in very good condition and runs wel (from what I could tell of the test drive). Its cheap only costs $2,500 Australian dollars.

Only thing thats stopping me from buying it is it has done 253,000KM. How long do these cars generally last till...if it lasts me 2 yrs ill be quite happy...

·
Registered
2002 Camry
2,231 Posts
i had to convert to miles to get an idea in my head, it seemed like a lot but it is only 157,000 miles. Which on a toyota that's kept up, is not really excesive.
You may want to do a compression check and look for evidence of oil burning and leaking but other than that, i'd say do it. I dont know if $2,500 is a lot of money there, but in the USA that much money for a decent car is chicken feed. I'd think it would last you as long as you wanted it to.

·
1990 Camry Base
1990 Camry
40 Posts
agreed!

Agree with Marc, in that a good maintained Camry is just broken in at 157k miles. In my area, generation 2 Camrys are on the road, running well, and in demand. Good price also.

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
Yeah, I bought my Camry with 235,000km on it, my GTS with 220,000km on it, and my Corolla sedan with 340,000km on it...both sedans are now close to 400,000km with almost no maintenance (the GTS is summers only, less mileage!).

Go for it! $2500 is a steal...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts