Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im looking for my 1st car and came across a Toyota 92 Camry CSI edition...

It looks in very good condition and runs well (from what I could tell of the test drive). Its cheap only costs $2,500 Australian dollars.

Only thing thats stopping me from buying it is it has done 253,000KM. How long do these cars generally last till...if it lasts me 2 yrs ill be quite happy...

·
Asian N00b Modder
2003 Camry V6 LE
786 Posts
Ernster86 said:
Hi Im looking for my 1st car and came across a Toyota 92 Camry CSI edition...

It looks in very good condition and runs well (from what I could tell of the test drive). Its cheap only costs $2,500 Australian dollars.

Only thing thats stopping me from buying it is it has done 253,000KM. How long do these cars generally last till...if it lasts me 2 yrs ill be quite happy...
dunno about the 92, but considering it's a toyota car it should last you a while.

Someone on this board has a 88 toyota with over 500K MILES(miles!) on the car, and it's on the 3rd engine. There are others with over 300k MILES within 3rd gen cars that are on it's 1st engine still. That should give you some idea of how much these would last. As long as you do maintenence, I don't see it giving out anytime soon. Especially with only 253K KM on it (Around 157k Miles).

My 95 has about 124K Miles (198K KM) and it's running great.

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
well convert that to miles and ur only about 156,000 miles. thats pretty good. from what ive herd, depending how its driven, camrys have been known to function well in to the 200K millage range. id bet theat would last ya 2 years. whats the CSI edition?

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
if you're only looking for 2 years, then that mileage will do you just fine

I'm at 275,000, and I'm also supercharged....the car still runs great

·
Registered
07 XLE Camry
1,299 Posts
this is kinda un related but my local toyota dealer has a bunch of toyotas with there owners saying how much miles they got on it.. now this is in miles but i seen 5 camrys at 300KKK plus, avalon 254KKK, the van from toyota i forgot the name 423KKK, a couple of 4 runners at 350-390KKK,

keep in mind these are old cars.. not the new 2000+ models.. i think the newest one was the avalon

·
Toyota Camry Vienta CSi
Toyota Camry Vienta
188 Posts
Yeah it shoud last 2 years PROVIDED it has been well maintained, just because its a Toyota doesnt mean it will last with a poor maintenance history!!!

·
Registered
Gen 3 Camry
445 Posts
Aussie_Camry said:
Yeah it shoud last 2 years PROVIDED it has been well maintained, just because its a Toyota doesnt mean it will last with a poor maintenance history!!!
^^ what he said. my celica has 408,000Km on the clock and i'm pretty sure it's the original engine. i bought it about 7 years ago and it only gave me troubles in the last year including a BHG which i have fixed since. i reckon if i keep it i'll be getting easily another 100-200K out of it. but that's because i service it regularly. oil and filter changes every 5,000Km, etc.

i recently also bought a 97 camry vienta with 257,000Km on it, but it has the log books and it has been serviced regularly, so it too drives beautiful.

at $2,500 it sounds pretty good, but try to check on its service history.

also, remember, the average australian car will do around 20,000Km per year. the one you're looking at has done around 16,000 per year. so the mileage is not unusual for the age of the car.

bigbird said:
whats the CSI edition?
it's a trim level on the Australian camry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts