Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Camry_owner
2003 Camry LE 2.4L
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Camry 2.4L Autpmatic car leaking radiator coolant.. I am going going to replace the radiator with a brand new one which is in my hand already. (DENSO w/towing packakge))

I live in south side of Florida.I am going to buy the full red coolant from Toyota.

My question is should I use (70% water and 30% coolant) or ( 50/50) ?

It seems like my car runs better when water is more than 50%.

What kind of mixer is recommended for optimal performance? Please give your input suggestion.

I need to change the radiator and coolant tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,777 Posts
I live in Florida and have never had issues with 50/50. As for mixing, just use an empty bottle ad shake it.

Reactions: inchica2009

·
Camry_owner
2003 Camry LE 2.4L
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some prefer stirred not shaken. But that is an entirely personal choice. :grin:
But I think shaking and stirring has their advantage and disadvantage. Shaking will cause small air bubble but will mix together well.On the other hand stirring might not mix water and coolant well but will be free of air bubble.

But both will work in the long run. !

:smile:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Why not stir, cap it, and then slowly turn bottle upside down 2x.

Denso radiator with towing package? So it comes with an oem cooler or denso rad with different cooler?

Depending on your travel habits, you can go with 52 coolant and 48 water. Some folks like to keep it up to 55 in extreme climates.

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
2,346 Posts
But I think shaking and stirring has their advantage and disadvantage. Shaking will cause small air bubble but will mix together well.On the other hand stirring might not mix water and coolant well but will be free of air bubble.

But both will work in the long run. !

:smile:
I can think of 2 disadvantages of shaken and none for stirred.
1. An aerated liquid will not transfer heat as well as a non aerated liquid.
2. The aeration will separate out leaving air in the system, which is not good.

As far as stirring not gettin it mixed well. Coolant circulation will fix that in about maybe even before the engine reaches full operating temp.

Please discuss at you leisure. :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.