Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Camry LE 2017. My car have problems with ignition I have a check engine on. I used an OBD scanner and received codes P0013, P0343, and P1604. It looks like they are related to the camshaft position sensor. I opened the hood in my car and can visually see that a wire is broken from the camshaft position sensor connector. I looked up a video to make sure that is the sensor and verified that it was according to the video. My car and the video shows the sensor and the connector having a two pin connection. I am trying to find the replacement part on the internet but everywhere I look the sensor and the connector are three pin. Can someone help with this? I do not know much about cars. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Start with naming the VIN, and from there, find the part number for the sensor.
Then order the part and see what comes in.

I have seen countless examples of auto parts stores handing over the wrong part because they didn't have the right part in stock.
Happens all the time as if it were store policy, since many wrong items never get returned so still add to company profits.
Apologies to the stores that try to get it right, some stores don't do this sort of thing.

Never leave the store before checking what's in the box, because electronic items may not be returnable.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry SE
52 Posts
Just curious, but you don't want to try and reconnect the wire to see if it works, before buying a new part?

I'm betting your car doesn't start, due to the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello. I just wanted to update to say I got it fixed. I ended up soldering the broken wires together and the car starts. I have been driving the car since and no problems. I was never able to find the part. I wanted to replace the part initially because I am sure that would have fixed the problem without any further troubleshooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts