Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was getting a primary A coil error. I changed all the spark plugs and I bought two ignition coils and I installed the first two cylinders first. Then I drove the car for a few days to make sure these ignition coils were legit. Which, I bought from eBay. So I decided to buy two more ignition coils from the same seller. I just received the two today. I installed them and my car's engine light came on. When I used my scanner it said primary c, and d coils are messed up. But then I started to notice that the ignition coil 4 was super hot and started to smoke. So I turned the car off and took out the new ignition coil that I just installed and put in the old ignition coil. I hooked up everything and I started the car and it started much better. But, I didn't get any smoke at all and the ignition coil wasn't hot. Then after that, I ran my scanner again and I was having trouble with coil 3, which was the other new coil I installed. I got miss fire for coil c, So I took that newly installed coil and I put the old one back and then the light was gone! After this, I emailed eBay and the seller will be sending me two brand new replacements. Coil 4 did burn up and melt. I want to know if I did anything wrong or was it just my luck that the coils were bad and it is good that I am getting a replacement. Also after I put in the two old coils, please note, I test drove it after this, and I have two new ignition coils, in cylinder 1 and 2, and the old ones in 3 and 4. The car is running great. I just don't want to mess up the other two coils when I get the new replacement. I am kind of worried I did something wrong! I will be attaching photos of the coils. Please help!!! I hope I get feedback before Saturday, which is when I will receive the replacement. I also attached what dielectric grease I am using! I attached the coils pictures below! Someone please help me! I hope I didn't do something wrong and I just had bad luck with a bad batch!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that, but I also should you the exact model number and the coil. They are exactly what is sold from Toyota! I saw pictures of both!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't care about the box, I care about the model on the actual coil. or is that the wrong way to know?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,783 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the other things. it is completely possible to get bad parts sometimes. It does happen right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The first two I bought worked perfectly fine! The seller is sending me brand news ones and its already shipped and he did mention that he buys directly from denso!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is my question. if the first two I bought they didn't behave like that at all and the car is running great. So, after that I decided to buy two more. It wasn't like I bought from a different seller.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One had two rubber gaskets and I had to push it down and it might of not set right in cylinder 3, and I just remembered this because normally they only have one rubber gasket! So now I am wondering if that could be a problem! That could have caused cylinder 4 to burn out and 3 to get messed up, I am referring to the ignition coils when I say that!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts