Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have Toyota Corolla 2007 LE. This morning I noticed my trunk and GAS door not opening with the leaver provided in the car. I also tried to open the truck with
Key, But I see the car trunk key hole is horizontal. So looks like it is valet mode..? I check the security lights and they are blinking. I don’t know how to turn off the valet mode. I checked on dashboard but couldn’t find any switch. ( and again not sure if it is the problem with Valet mode because even the GAS door liver also not working )
Could someone help me on this? Thank You

·
Now Hiring Co-Drivers
2016 Scion FR-S
938 Posts
Welcome to ToytaNation. Some of your issue should be easily fixed.

Not sure about the gas door, because I don't think that can be disabled (the plunger for the release could just be worn out, or the cable could be broken). Could also be frozen since I know PA got hit pretty hard with that storm last week. Try pouring some hot water over the fuel door and see if it loosens up.

As for the trunk in Valet mode, all you need to do is use the master key in the key lock and rotate it 90° clockwise (to the right) to get the key hole vertical again. The horizontal position secures your trunk so that the lever in the car won't open it, and the valet key (the spare key that isn't square-shaped) will not open it either from that position. I leave my trunk like that at all times, personally. But there shouldn't be any buttons or switches involved. Just take your key and turn the lock back upright to reactivate your lever in the car.

My question is how did the key hole get turned to valet mode without your knowledge? Do other family members use the car too? Did you have the car serviced recently and provide them with the master key?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response and sorry for late response . I am able to work it out as per your suggestions .

Truck :- I turned key horizontally by force and that resolved the problem . But my key was shaped out :)
Gas Door :- I am able to open it by pulling leaver and at the same time some one lifting the Gas door manually with fingers worked . Looks like some thing is holding the door . If some one won't pull it , it is still not opening . But any way that is better than not opening . I will check what is holding it.

Regards

·
Now Hiring Co-Drivers
2016 Scion FR-S
938 Posts
Most likely the cable leading to the plunger that lets the door pop open is stretched out, or the plunger is worn out and doesn't pull back far enough to let your door spring open. I'm sure there was something about this problem on the forum in the past and how to fix it, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. If I do I'll update my post.

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
11,699 Posts
http://www.toyotapartsoverstock.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=490078&ukey_make=1060&ukey_model=15430&modelYear=2007&ukey_category=21641welcome to TN.

op, to access the lever, remove the door sill cover and pull back the carpet. there you will find either a #10 or 12 hex bolt. the cables run under the driver side carpet and behind the plastic cover into the trunk area. the trunk release cable runs along the arm of the trunk lid on the driver side and under the cover and ends at the hinge under the emergency release handle.

the cable to the fuel door is behind the trunk cover on the side of the trunk.

once you have the release lever unbolted, both cables hook onto the lever with the round crimps of the steel cable. as mentioned above, the cable ends may be worn and need replacing.
http://www.toyotapartsoverstock.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts