Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Toyota Corolla Sport 2015 model with 5 years warranty under UAE Specification. Recently I noticed that my dash board was melting. I booked complaint & went to Toyota Showroom also, they are not willing to change my dashboard even though my car is under warranty, frustrated with their response. Hence, it is clear that Toyota is no more Maintaining Quality of their product. Hence, do not spend too much money with Toyota brand, thinking Toyota is a branded Car.

·
Super Moderator
12,688 Posts
I moved your thread to the Corolla forum.

You should take your complaint to the next level, which is to call Toyota Customer Care. For you, in the UAE, I think it's this.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,328 Posts
I've never heard of a dashboard melting. Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
It may be possible that the dashboard was not designed to handle the UAE weather. I don't know how the weather is there so I am not credible on that. Gen 6 Camry dashboards can melt/be sticky/glare onto the windows and is a known issue in areas of the US with more sun and hotter weather.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's pretty hot in Dubai, probably worse than Phoenix. You need to get a windshield sun shade that fits the corollas long front window. One with a reflective coating is best.
I have a dash cam and the plastic in that gets soft and sags causing the dash cam to rattle.
Do you park near any tall buildings with curved glass??
There was a case in London where a tall building with convex glass was focusing the sun into the street and melting cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts