Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota Corolla EE111 1999 (XESaloon, 4efe, 1331 cc, automatic) - misfire problem

Dear fellow members
I experience a misfire of my engine when idling with a/c on.
This is more pronounced while stopping (in traffic) with the gear in D position, holding the break pedal down but it also happens when idling with the gear in the park position.
I have just had the engine decarbonized and all 16 valves (input and exhaust) ground. I have also had the spark plugs replaced and the injectors checked out.
I checked out errors codes in the test mode (jumping pins TE2 and E1 of the Toyota Diagnosis connector (22-pin) and driving, and then jumping pins TE1 and E1 to observe the Check Engine Light blinks)). The error I get is 21, which I find is related to the oxygen sensor. Could this have something to do with the misfire ?
Is this Oxygen Sensor related to error code 21 the one on the exhaust manifold ?
I'd be much grateful for any advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solution found ...

The fault was diagnosed to be two leaking spark plug wires. On each the leaking part was not the flexible wire itself, but the rod which connects to the spark plug. I replaced the entire plug wire set and the fault has gone away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts