Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ppl,

I am getting this Toyota Corona 1994 Model with a 2000cc 3S-FE DOHC engine. The car has done 200,000 kms on the odo. Do u guys think this is a worthwhile buy. I inspected the vehicle and it appears to be in good external condition. However interior requires major revamping which should be an issue. My main concern is the engine..... do u think it will hold. What do i need to check. I am getting it from an auction and as per policy they dont allow starting of vehicle?? but i REALLY LIKE THIS CAR. Help me out on this 1.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
If it is a 4 cylinder then forget that car since 200K is too high for a 4 banger. If it is a V6 then it depends on how much he is asking. It has to be extremely reasonable because of the sheer mileage.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
silver04rollas said:
If it is a 4 cylinder then forget that car since 200K is too high for a 4 banger. If it is a V6 then it depends on how much he is asking. It has to be extremely reasonable because of the sheer mileage.
200kms is too high for a 4 banger :confused: Who gave you that idea? It's a 3sfe engine. One of the most reliable engines Toyota has.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
200K is high for any car...in n.america milage/kms really don't matter tooo much as we do a LOT of highway driving. We're on constant speed, not using too much brakes, and otehr stuff..hence cars last longer here... I don't know phillipines...depending on city/hwy roads...you decided if 200K is high.

·
There is no substitute.
8,031 Posts
^jhbhatia is right.

Base on North American mileage standard, 200K km is not high, but in Asia where there's a lot of city driving that number is at a different ballpark.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
silver04rollas said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I guess my car at 315,000km on the odometer is a ghost then. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Today I some pictures on a local Toyota dealership of an odometer and pretty slick looking 1998 Camry XLE V6 with it''s owner. The odo had 980,000 KM and the car looked as good as brand new.

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
silver04rollas said:

Thats retarted... my 85 gen1 4cyl Camry had 331000 miles on it and didn't burn anything when my sister wrecked it two or three years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts