Toyota Nation Forum banner

Toyota delays plant opening

973 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  100$ GUY
Bring on the trolls, especially the wannabe (note, not the Watanabe) Toyota engineers who believe they know more about Toyota production methods than Toyota itself, the one(s) who predict the self-destruction of all Toyota vehicles within a year and a recall on all millions and millions of the rest that have not imploded.

The start of production at the new Toyota Motor Corp. assembly plant in Woodstock, Ont., will be delayed several weeks as the auto maker tries to make sure the vehicles it produces meet high quality standards.

The new plant was originally scheduled to begin cranking out RAV4 crossover utility vehicles in September. Production will still begin this fall, Mr. Tanguay said, but the Canadian manufacturing division of Toyota wants improvements to environmentally friendly painting technology that has been used in the existing RAV4 plant in Japan.

The article appeared in the Canadian Globe and Mail.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I think so, too. Especially since the RAV4 is going to be increasingly important to the brand as people downsize from mid-size and full-size SUVs into smaller ones. I wouldn't be surprised to see RAV4, CR-V and Escape sales up another 5-10% by this time next year.
The real reason is the faulty garage door for docking is not strong enough and is too weak like the Tundra's lift gate...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry couldn't resist!

Anyway kudos for Toyota for being pro-active about quality.:thumbup:
The real reason is the faulty garage door for docking is not strong enough and is too weak like the Tundra's lift gate...
I see that GMI Twin got to you too, eh? There must be a GMI Virus running around Toyota fans' computers!:rolleyes::D:D
I see that GMI Twin got to you too, eh? There must be a GMI Virus running around Toyota fans' computers!:rolleyes::D:D
Nah, GMI twin is out of commission for quite a while, mainly tending to his pregnant sister whose baby (of theirs) will be due in a few months time. ;);):lol:
Nah, GMI twin is out of commission for quite a while, mainly tending to his pregnant sister whose baby (of theirs) will be due in a few months time. ;);):lol:
LOL someone just got owned
^^^ :lol:
I have been curious about this plant as I plan to buy a new RAV4 this fall, which will most likely be produced at this plant (assuming Toyota continues dual sources, like Camrys).

I did a little more investigating and I found this article.

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/f....html?id=cef8576c-952c-41cb-a251-0ed48f3af951

I'm sure the product will be fine in terms of quality, but with costs getting so high especially with the appreciation of the Canadian Dollar, I am wondering what Toyota will be doing to further reduce costs...
I think so, too. Especially since the RAV4 is going to be increasingly important to the brand as people downsize from mid-size and full-size SUVs into smaller ones. I wouldn't be surprised to see RAV4, CR-V and Escape sales up another 5-10% by this time next year.

Check this out!!

HONDA PILOT VS. HONDA CR-V

Year
Pilot Sales
152 154
117 146
CR-V Sales
170 028
219 160

Difference
17 784
102 014
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.