Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Duet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I recently purchased toyota duet yaar 98. Now I have 3 pestering issues.

1.Air bag light constantly turned on.
I got the steering wheel check for faulty spring. But that not the cause. What else should I do before a run a diagonostic check.

2. Hand break does not hold and when reversing there is a vibration and some rattling noise.
Had it checked and the person told me the problem is with the rear that break rim and washers. I drove the vehicle 250km and didnt have this problem... now the break padle has also gone soft which the mechanic says will be ok once I replace and then bleed.

3. The passenger side door safety lock (additional protection) does not to up. I have to hold it up ( pulled up) from inside to unlock the door.
Actuator problem as informed,need to know if I need to replace the entire assembly or just the actuator as the power window of the same lock also does not function really well.

·
Premium Member
05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,051 Posts
Welcome to Toyota Nation. I see the Duet is part of the Daihatsu group of cars. Let me move your questions to that area of the forum. I'm not sure how many members are in that area, so let me or one of the other staff know if you don't get any responses because there's one other area we could move your questions to.

·
8,215 Posts
Welcome to ToyotaNation chetan1984 :hi:

I would get the brakes done asap if they are soft. You don't want to mess around and get in a fender bender or worse! Me personally if Item #3 is related, as it the window and lock using the same mechanism? I would replace the whole assembly. It has been my experience on those types of things that it is not a whole lot more money and you have a whole lot less hassle and end up with a better outcome overall.

·
Registered
Toyota Duet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi heartdisease, thanks a lot for the suggestion. Unfortunately the assembly for actuator and window motor is not available in Fiji for Duet. I m not too sure if I can order them from Japan or Australia at a cheaper cost. Also I need to find out if I can use some other toyota model parts for Duet.

·
8,215 Posts
Well hopefully a parts guru will see this and help out, we have a few on here. You could also email one of the sponsor vendors here on TN, I am not sure if they could cross reference but they might be able to.

Edit: Try emailing Toyota of Cool Springs, he has went out of his way to help members in the past -- http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/506-toyota-cool-springs/1203978-new-website-ordering-oem-parts.html

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/506-toyota-cool-springs/905449-parts-special-all-toyotanation-members.html

·
Registered
Toyota Duet
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys... finally the brakes are repaired. Now encountering another issue. The engine check light comes on sometimes and then goes off again. I tried getting the diagonostic done but the service personnel told me that the light need to be switched on for the diagonostic test.

Now I m not to sure but then I realised today that when for the time duration the light is on (constantly) I lose out on acceleration power and when I push the pedal hard the light goes off and the power is restored. Happened thrice in a 15 km stretch today.

1. Could it be a problem with the Air filter?
Though it looks clean... and I have no idea about the car it's my 1st. So I don't even know if the mechanics can be trusted and what they are saying is correct.

2. My gas tank lid is fine no cracks and tightens properly, so could it be the O2 sensor...

I m anywhich ways going in for service in a days time so thinking of replacing the Air filter, the oil filter, spark plugs and replacing the engine oil completely. But I really don't know if this would infoact solve the problem. Really disheartened as being my 1st car I m facing issues. Though I know it's old but still i thought all these issues would come in may be when i drive for some time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts