Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Im a proud owner of a 2004 toyota echo 2004 automatic. 195 148km
I went on vacation for 2 weeks. When I came back, my car did what to run.
It start, but it doesn’t want to run. There is a temperature light that is blinking red.
I did tried:
  • Relays EFI
  • Ground (chuck) and computer (kick panel)
  • Timing chain
  • Temperature sensor
The OBD2 is ok but it seem like there is no communication between the computer because is unable to give me what’s the problem.
Anyone add that issue? what could it be?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Maybe coolant is low? Figure out why? That's just a guess related to the blinking light, which might be a failsafe. Maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All
Just an update I finally bit the bullet and called in a mechanic and he diagnosed and performed a throttle body and injector clean ( professional quality type that replaces the fuel system temporarily) and now runs a treat..
Obviously the injectors were really badly clogged to the point that over the counter cleaners which I had used were not strong enough
In the end was money well spent as I was at my witts end LOL
I hope this helps someone
Cheers All

·
Registered
67 Posts
Couple questions
1.what year echo?
2.how many miles?
3.fuel grade you use?
4.did you replace your fuel filter also?

I'm just curious on how your injectors got clogged, I've owned tercels paseos echos corollas camrys celicas is300 boosted and n/a toyotas 80s-00s some with 250k+ miles and have never had a problem with my injectors being clogged :l

·
Registered
4 Posts
Couple questions
1.what year echo?
2.how many miles?
3.fuel grade you use?
4.did you replace your fuel filter also?

I'm just curious on how your injectors got clogged, I've owned tercels paseos echos corollas camrys celicas is300 boosted and n/a toyotas 80s-00s some with 250k+ miles and have never had a problem with my injectors being clogged :l

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi 4EFTE
Firstly I'm in Australia and we have the reputation of getting the worst fuel quality in the world for many years now
1999 echo 185,000 klms on the clock 91 ron fuel myself but no idea of past use
Secondly I've only recently bought the car so have no idea of its true history.But it did run slightly rough when i test drove it but put it down to needing filters changed.
After changing ALL filters one at a time to determine any changes the problem just got progressively worse.
Therefore I assume that the previous owner only did short runs with cold starts and probably ended up allowing the fuel to go stale which is another problem that we have to cope with here.
As stated earlier after the clean the car runs well now.
Cheers
Lindsay

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Glad you got it fixed, just use techron every few tanks of fuel and it should stay fixed. If not get the injectors cleaned again. Sounds like it should be a preventative maintenance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts