Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks..need help to install a block heater for Toyota echo 2004, the location and how to install..

Thanks a milion

Thomas

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Hi Thomas, welcome to Toyota Nation! I'll move this thread to the Yaris, Vitz and Echo forum for you as you're more likely to get a response in there. Have a browse around in that particular forum too, in case a similar thread has been made in the past :thumbsup:

Best of luck, and enjoy yourself here at TN :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have one in my 05 hatch back that came with the car. It is located on the back of the block the area close to the firewall. I have thought of using the type that connects into the radiator hoses. They circulate the water.I will take a closer look tonight. I know that to install a block heater you have to remove one of the frost plugs and install it in the hole in the block.

Vic

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have one in my 05 hatch back that came with the car. It is located on the back of the block the area close to the firewall. I have thought of using the type that connects into the radiator hoses. They circulate the water.I will take a closer look tonight. I know that to install a block heater you have to remove one of the frost plugs and install it in the hole in the block.

Vic
Nope....there is a cartridge type block heater that fits into a cylinder like depression in the engine. The heater clips into place - the same part fits several Toyota models and costs around $100 Can at the dealer. Do a quick search on this forum, there are other posts about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
is this block heater extremely quiet, because I recently purchased a 2004 Toyota Echo, and when I plugged the block heater in, it doesn't make any noise. I am wondering if it's even working.

·
Registered
52 Posts
is this block heater extremely quiet, because I recently purchased a 2004 Toyota Echo, and when I plugged the block heater in, it doesn't make any noise. I am wondering if it's even working.
It's just a heating element in the engine block. It might make the occasional click noise, but should be pretty quiet. If you're not sure if it's working, carefully touch the area in which it is installed after you've had it plugged in for a few minutes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought (March 2020) a very basic 2005 Echo hatchback for $2300. It's in almost-new condition (if it has 230K kilometres) and needs nothing, but for a block heater (I live in the Yukon, as my handle implies) and maybe a battery blanket. $100 for the block heater, you say, from the dealer. I guess any right-sized battery blanket from Canadian Tire will do ... Glad to find these comments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts