Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Mine came from Florida and has no rust anywhere, but it was rustproofed, probably when new. It does not even have much rust on the exhaust system. Underneath is exceptionally clean and I pressure wash it every spring. Paint color is light blue, the clear coat is faded on the top with spots missing mainly on the roof. Put front seats out of a Pontiac Vibe (Matrix) I picked up for $40 for the pair. My last tank of gas was exactly 49 MPG, 7.7 gallons-378 miles combined. The mileage has been lower due to AC use, but now it's creeping back up to the 50 MPG mark when I leave the AC off.

166k miles. I think it's been about 20k since I got it and we drove it close to 200 miles today. Gas in Petersburg Va was down to $2.08 a gallon but the tank was full so I'll just wait and maybe it will go lower. The Bridgestone tires like to wear unevenly (properly aligned with no bad suspension components), so I feel the edges of the tires and use my belt sander to take the high spots off and greatly reduce the noise. It actually sounds like a wheel bearing, but it's the "snow tire effect".

No panel has been repainted, but it had some impact on the right front that wiped out the inner right steering rack bushing. My first post on this forum was looking for a replacement that I later found in the United Arab emirates. Manual steering is rare in these cars and I later bought a parts car with a complete replacement manual rack and pinion. I put struts and shocks on but the old ones are still good so I'll hang on to them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My echo is at 280k miles, drinking oil, front right tire keeps getting hot, thought it was a warped rotor but it's getting warped again, wheel bearing? You can hear a loose rattle when lightly hitting the tire while parked. No major fixes, engines never been cracked open. Light wrecks but no vehicle wrecks, still kickin strong. Starter was replaced 20k or so back, cylinder 1 coil pack went out due to collecting water dripping from the windshield sprayer on the hood. Larger, p185/75 tires all around, completely stock. take it to redline every day, and she just laughs at me. ❤

·
Registered
20 Posts
is there a way to figure out if meter was reversed ?
i bought with 54000 miles on odo. But it had bad clutch. Clutch does not go out at 54000 miles. Trying to figure out exact mileage on my car. Carfax didn't provide anything..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had to retire our 2005 Echo Hatchback last year with 580,000km. It was still running well but the sub-frame was rotting out.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts