Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just recently purchased an 05 Echo RS without keyless entry. I believe this was an option that almost no-one ever purchased back in the day. None the less, it is a feature I dearly desire. So, I was wondering if I could maybe tear off an old system from a junk yard Camry or Corolla and install it in the echo? Maybe the rs3200 alarm system could work too?

Thanks.

· Registered
153 Posts
Trust me I've been looking on how to do this and ended up calling a toyota dealership and put in contact with someone who use to install them! It's not worth it, you have to run wires down the chassis on the car to the rear for sensors and a bunch of other random things, there's a relay that goes behind your gauge cluster too which sits right by the electric lock relay, also you need to have the plug and play splice section that fits our harness

On that note I purchased this: Universal keyless entry

I can take a picture tomorrow if I remember of the two or 4 wires you need to strip back and solder or just cut a clip together under the driver side floor door trim panel leading into the wire loom

· Registered
153 Posts
I'm also currently on a quest to be able to use a 03-07 toyota corolla s headlight/combination switch that allows you to use the fog light selector considering at least on the states Echo the fog light harness along with the relay and 15amp fuse is in the car even if it didnt come with fog lights

So far I've only be able to figure out how to get the headlights to come on by having power in both pin 8 and the empty pin 12 with a paper clip

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me I've been looking on how to do this and ended up calling a toyota dealership and put in contact with someone who use to install them! It's not worth it, you have to run wires down the chassis on the car to the rear for sensors and a bunch of other random things, there's a relay that goes behind your gauge cluster too which sits right by the electric lock relay, also you need to have the plug and play splice section that fits our harness

On that note I purchased this: Universal keyless entry

I can take a picture tomorrow if I remember of the two or 4 wires you need to strip back and solder or just cut a clip together under the driver side floor door trim panel leading into the wire loom
I don't know if this correct, but I just checked a source online that states that the echo rs (mine) came with keyless entry as standard.

Is this correct?

· Registered
153 Posts
I don't know if this correct, but I just checked a source online that states that the echo rs (mine) came with keyless entry as standard.

Is this correct?
To be honest I'm not entirely sure but I thought the rs was a fully loaded and had every option but I'm not seeing fogs and you said you dont have keyless so I'm kind of confused...
The only way it has keyless is if it has the security add on which should be by the dash dimmer switch
Or you can pull the cluster out and look behind there for a row of relays

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be honest I'm not entirely sure but I thought the rs was a fully loaded and had every option but I'm not seeing fogs and you said you dont have keyless so I'm kind of confused...
The only way it has keyless is if it has the security add on which should be by the dash dimmer switch
Or you can pull the cluster out and look behind there for a row of relays
I was guessing it didn't have keyless because when I bought the car, I didn't get the key fob. Plus the fog lights weren't an option for the hatch rs package if my sources are correct. I also do have a red blinking light next to the dimmer light, but I think it is the aftermarket immobilizer the previous owner installed?

· Registered
153 Posts
Oh then look under your dash and see if you can find were the wire goes and their after market keyless entry already installed because typically they're hand and hand with each other from what I've noticed

Should be a little black box

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh then look under your dash and see if you can find were the wire goes and their after market keyless entry already installed because typically they're hand and hand with each other from what I've noticed

Should be a little black box
When you say underneath the dash, are you talking about the inside of the radio? Maybe you're talking about underneath the steering wheel?
I can send pics tomorrow morning. It's too dark atm.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a feeling it has door locks apart of that system, if every wire is utilized youll have keyless entry possibly!
Question is what range is the receiver
That's good news! Not sure where it indicates the range. I do happen to have the manual on hand, but does that mention that kind of information. The unit is a code alarm MI-1. Doesn't seem to appear on Google.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.