Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you flame, i searched and came up with nothing. So whats the proper way to remove the T toyota emblem in the back of the gen 3... Screw driver..:lol: Im getting new silver emblems to put in since mine are gold and i need to know how to remove it without damaging anything. ALso how do they go back on, do they just pop on??

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
from what i hear, it depends on where you got your car, some models don't have the peg holes, mine did, but there are quite a few that don't! i guess you just gotta check and cross your fingers, cause it will be much easier that way!

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JMSinMD said:
Floss, the new emblem should have adhesive already. Usually 3M. There are 3 posts that go in and just push on emblem to set.
Ill see when the new emblem comes in :thumbup:

felkajamine said:
from what i hear, it depends on where you got your car, some models don't have the peg holes, mine did, but there are quite a few that don't! i guess you just gotta check and cross your fingers, cause it will be much easier that way!

I thought ALL the toyota ones in the middle emblem had pegs :whatthe:

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
I would say that some don't, apparently....but most do.

Just presume that you do...but since you're replacing it with another emblem anyway, it's not something to worry about really

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
yeah just heat it up and use dental floss or fishing line and slowly move it back and forth, itll come off:D

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the Symbol off :) WOOOTT! I used a tiny screw driver and pried it up than got it up with my hands and took it off. Its held on by glue and it has the little dowell pins that line up the emblem. It took me 2 seconds to take the emblem off and 30 minutes to clean the glue up :lol:

·
Green Gang
camry
595 Posts
dysk8forlife said:
yeah just heat it up and use dental floss or fishing line and slowly move it back and forth, itll come off:D
then use goo off to take the glue that is stuck on the paint. ur done

1 - 10 of 10 Posts