Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota‘s FT-86 Concept will make it to market as a Scion in North America, likely sporting the name FR-S. According to a report by the Wall Street Journal, Toyota dealers were made aware of the decision by the corporate brass at a recent meeting in Las Vegas.

The decision help build-up the Scion brand, with a new flagship RWD model, however, it won’t help Toyota as it seeks to rebrand itself as a more youth-focused company. The other down-side of this revelation is news that the Scion FR-S could cost as much as $25,000 – significantly more than the $20,000 price tag originally promised.

According to other reports the Scion FR-S could get a 2.5-liter version of the Subaru boxer 4-cylinder in the U.S. while other markets are likely to get the 2.0-liter version.

The official reveal of the production model Scion FR-S is likely to occur at the 2011 New York Auto Show.
Read more Toyota FT-86 Will be Badged as a Scion; Cost $25,000 at AutoGuide.com

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
NO NO NO NOOOOOO. It doesn't need to be a Scion! :(

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
Well, there goes that. A deal breaker in SO MANY ways. Please don't do this Toyota.

·
Registered
2011 Camry SE
10 Posts
wow what a disappointment although scion is under Toyota's brand and being a former tc owner myself i feel this would make many people turn and look away to others vehicles because its amazing what a badge can do to a vehicle for example the genesis coupe great looking car and im sure its fun to drive but its a freaking HYUNDAI at the end of the day if it were badged as any other reputable car manufacturer(Toyota, Nissan, Honda) more people would have it parked in there driveways

·
Registered
572 Posts
Wow ... what a waste ... I sure as hell wouldn't buy a Scion Branded car. If it was branded toyota then its FTW. The price and branding made it fail!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Oh boy...well as long as it's not a Hyundai. It's probably gonna die like the Celica or the Prelude for being over priced but who knows. There's nothing bad about Scion. People probably choose this over the TC for the rear wheel drive.

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Nothing short of blind fanboyism would make somebody NOT buy this car because Toyota decided to put Scion badges on it instead of Toyota. That's absolutely idiotic.

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
Really?! The badge breaks it for you guys as Toyota fans and not the fact that its not a Toyota engine?? :rolleyes:

Nothing short of blind fanboyism would make somebody NOT buy this car because Toyota decided to put Scion badges on it instead of Toyota. That's absolutely idiotic.
Agreed 100%!

Get over the stereotypes and get past the hate!!

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
:werd: Still though, you have to admit that Toyota SHOULD HAVE honored the roots and inspiration (the AE86 Corolla) and badged it as a toyota. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it is a disappointment. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Should just sack scion imho, forget that ever happened.

And yes the Scion Badge does break it for me, probably because the Toyota badge was the only reason not to get Subaru's version instead.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Thats kind of a good point. If the subie version offers AWD.... screw that. I'll take the subie badge over the scion badge.

·
Toyota/Scion Salesperson
279 Posts
Damn no negotiating now....pure price ftl!!!!!!

And I work at a dealer...I heard this rumbling a few weeks ago from a rep..I didnt believ him...:facepalm:

·
Every road's a playground
2000 camry ce
1,338 Posts
:werd: Still though, you have to admit that Toyota SHOULD HAVE honored the roots and inspiration (the AE86 Corolla) and badged it as a toyota. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it is a disappointment. :thumbsup:
EXACTLY. Those old geezers (board of directors) will never understand us nor get it right.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts