Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2041 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Supposedly it's the FT-86 engine according to FT86-Club. Engine bay looks a bit cramped though. However, I definitely like the chassis brace right there.
Ah cool. Thanks. :chug:

·
Vivir el momento
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
More pics

Color choices:
* Satin White Pearl
* Sterling Silver Metallic
* Dark Grey Metallic
* Crystal Black Silica
* Lightening Red
* Orange Metallic
* Galaxy Blue Silica

All photos courtesy of FT86Club.

·
straight cash homie
18,701 Posts
thats what a 2.0L typically makes. on the bright side, 200hp (or is it 197?) is pretty high for an engine this size.
197 HP is decent, but there are other 2.0L NA engines that have achieved higher HP (Honda's F20C from the S2000 is one). But obviously, Toyota wasn't trying to shoot for the most. And there's going to be plenty of potential for the engine in the aftermarket for sure.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
8,643 Posts

Color choices:
* Satin White Pearl
* Sterling Silver Metallic
* Dark Grey Metallic
* Crystal Black Silica
* Lightening Red
* Orange Metallic
* Galaxy Blue Silica

All photos courtesy of FT86Club.

Thanks for the pics. Usually I don't care for white cars or lighter ones (exceptions). But this does look good in white or lighter colors. Of course it looks good anyway. I know these pics aren't the best quality and of course when you see it in person its different. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Need For Speed
10,765 Posts
^That's like the old Cavaliers back in the day. Remember those black bumpers?

I was hoping for torque around 165-170 ish. I don't like gutless wonders. My 95 Mustang might only have a paltry 145 hp, but that 215 ft. lbs. makes a big difference.

·
Save The Manuals
1,837 Posts
^That's like the old Cavaliers back in the day. Remember those black bumpers?

I was hoping for torque around 165-170 ish. I don't like gutless wonders. My 95 Mustang might only have a paltry 145 hp, but that 215 ft. lbs. makes a big difference.
How big of a difference does it really make? My Avalon would still beat it :D

·
Need For Speed
10,765 Posts
It does make a difference. I guess it's all in how it drives....but if it can do a 0-60 in less than 7 seconds then it will be neck and neck with our 2000 Maxima (227 hp and 217 ft. lbs of torque, weighs 3250 lbs.) which has a 0-60 of 6.6 sec.

·
TN Member
5,461 Posts
Ask and you shall receive!

Originals:

Images courtesy of FT86Club.
Is that a rear foglight I spy? Or just a reflector made to look like one?

Also, is this the return of white wheels or are they silver and it's just the photo that's making them look white.

the bumpers arent even painted on the low-spec?
Looks like the low spec is a tuner's platform to which they can swap the steelies for alloys of their choice and ditto the bumpers.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
5,615 Posts
Somehow I doubt we'll get the unpainted bumpers, door handles, mirrors, in the US. Even the Yaris has standard color-keyed goodies and it's just easier to make them standard. That, and it looks effing terrible.

·
straight cash homie
18,701 Posts
Somehow I doubt we'll get the unpainted bumpers, door handles, mirrors, in the US. Even the Yaris has standard color-keyed goodies and it's just easier to make them standard. That, and it looks effing terrible.
I wonder if they'll make two versions of it; I remember in 2007, Scion began offering the tC in a "Spec" version, where the tC was stripped of some features, notably the glass moonroof, cruise control and was given 16 inch wheels with hubcaps. That model only sold for two model years before being discontinued because it just didn't sell (not to mention that many tuners weren't interested in it to Scion's dismay).

·
straight cash homie
18,701 Posts
Ask and you shall receive!

Originals:

Images courtesy of FT86Club.
All TRD USA has to do is import the darn things and make sure they fit the FRS, since they don't have any money in their budget to R&D their own parts :lol:

And hopefully it won't be too overpriced :lol:
The price will make or break this car, especially when the BRZ is going to be around too.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

It appears they've taken notice of most of the concerns any of us would have of this car. Torque while not a very high number is available quite readily. I'm curious at how spacious the rear seats are for someone of North American height both front and back, probably still not good even though they tried to address it...its still a coupe after all. The rear seats fold flat making it more practical at carrying large cargo than my Impreza funny enough.

21 - 40 of 2041 Posts
About this Discussion
2K Replies
119 Participants
molson.david
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing