Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2041 Posts

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
FULL FR-S / FT-86 TRAINING MANUAL revealed!

Pictures are courtesy of FT86 Club. This looks like the source for all those photo leaks we've been seeing.

New marketing slogan perhaps? FT-86: Built by passion not by committee.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,691 Posts
Thanks for the link. Its also cool that Akio I know is very involved as he loves sports cars and cars that involve driver involvement. It gets me that everytime a sports car comes out or in that realm, people are always more hp. While I like hp as much as anyone, its useless if its not utilized properly and if its going towards weight or horrible handling it negates the hp gain. Plus the driver doesn't really tap into it.

Obviously there are many different kinds of sports cars which is wonderful, each achieving driving excitement in their own way. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can't wait for official reviews. I commend Toyota and Subie for coming out with not just another GT fat overweight sports car, its ironic the very company that is coming out with a "pure" sports car is TOYOTA.

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
Anyone notice that the article has some familiarity to it??

t 2.5 turns lock to lock, it has a quick but not hyperactive rack, and is light to average in terms of its assist.
and

Push any harder and the FR-S starts to get really fun. Add any amount of power and it'll turn at least neutral. Trail the brakes into a bend, lift midcorner and it'll give you armfuls of oversteer
seem like it's from the Automotive magazine article.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
It's OK. Nothing too special. A very typical Subaru boxer flat 4 sound I hear any every Subaru. Maybe, with better audio it will sound better.

I still wish it was a Toyota/Yamaha engine and it would have been infinitely more exciting.

·
1MZ powered MR2
1991 MR2
1,065 Posts
Typical 4-cylinder sound. They all sound like that unless you make it a motorcycle-esque, high revving engine with variable valve lift.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I don't care what anybody says, I think it sounds awesome. Even the seatbelt chime sounds different/cool.
Finally something we can agree on. :)

Hopefully the final production exhaust doesn't muffle the sound too much.

61 - 80 of 2041 Posts