Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 2041 Posts

·
Vivir el momento
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Is this car approx 50" or 56" high? Theres a couple of sites with diff specs is why I ask...
Depending on which spec list you refer to over on FT86Club.

They are saying that the car is going to be either between a range of:

1. (1300mm)/(25.4mm) = 51.2 inches
  2. (1285mm)/(25.4mm) = 50.6 inches
I suspect it's the latter.

·
Tacoma Rocks
1,742 Posts
Gotta say, in black it looks much better.

What is that thing out back, between the exhaust tips, .....looks like a Superman logo :D

Seems this car will deliver on its promises, which are really good, for sure. I applaud that effort. Its a different approach, even the new 911 has too many computers managing the driving experience.

I don`t like the interior, mostly the shape, but I dig the principle behind the IP, with a big tachometer at the center and left speedometer, looks sporty.
But going at 60 kms/h or even 120, with that kind of arrangement, will look like you are going way too slow. What is the top speed of this car?

Overall looks good for the price, yeah, but I have to ask, what do you guys think if it starts at $26K?

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Why doesn't ToyoBaru sell Toyota, Scion, and Subaru version in the US?.... make it easy for everyone o_O
The logistics don't make any sense. There is no reason to do the Voyager/Caravan thing for Toyota. It simply never works. It is either Toyota or Scion. Toyota chose to badge it 'Scion' to use the car to breathe some life into dying Scion. Instead, with Subaru's competing identical product, Scion is bound to put the FR-S on life support.

·
TN Member
5,461 Posts
Gotta say, in black it looks much better.

What is that thing out back, between the exhaust tips, .....looks like a Superman logo :D

Seems this car will deliver on its promises, which are really good, for sure. I applaud that effort. Its a different approach, even the new 911 has too many computers managing the driving experience.

I don`t like the interior, mostly the shape, but I dig the principle behind the IP, with a big tachometer at the center and left speedometer, looks sporty.
But going at 60 kms/h or even 120, with that kind of arrangement, will look like you are going way too slow. What is the top speed of this car?

Overall looks good for the price, yeah, but I have to ask, what do you guys think if it starts at $26K?
Reverse lights on either side with the upside triangle being the rear foglight. I hope that carries over to our side and not become a reflector. I like the rear foglight design of the 370Z and was surprised Nissan Canada kept it.

Why doesn't ToyoBaru sell Toyota, Scion, and Subaru version in the US?.... make it easy for everyone o_O
Simple. Scion = one model.

They only need to equip one trim level (instead of two, not counting the "customize grade" in Japan) and the no-haggle pricing means no price gouging (hopefully) and lots of TRD accessories available at purchase.

I wonder how many will stay as Scion, however. It annoys me that Toyota took great pains to keep the AE86 heritage with the cool 86 badges and even calling it the 86 (or GT 86 in Europe) and all North America does is say "thank you. We'll just throw all of that out and call it a string of 3 letters that bare no historical reference to any Toyota sports car cause no one here knows Japanese or what hachi-roku means".

"I own a Scion FR-S".
"I own a GT 86"

The second sounds better.

Well, the wraps are off the BRZ. Here is Subaru's version:

First thing that came to mind when I saw that front end is - Peugeot

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
^ yeah, but at least the emblem isn't floating in a big black void.

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
1,615 Posts
Toyota GT 86 Video: Revolutionary Sports Car Hits the Streets

Just hours after the first photos of Toyota's game changing sports car first broke cover two videos of what we now know is called the GT 86 have been released.

The first highlights the car's many driver focused features with stunning scenery. The second documents the transformation from concept to reality and boldly proclaims "passion is back".

Watch the videos after the jump:

More: Toyota GT 86 Video: Revolutionary Sports Car Hits the Streets on Autoguide.com

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
1,615 Posts
Toyota GT 86 [Scion FR-S]: First Live Photos

After revealing the first photos of the GT 86 sports car yesterday, Toyota has now released a selection of pics from the car's first live showing. We expected the initial reveal to take place at the Tokyo Motor Show, but Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda apparently couldn't wait, showing off the new light weight sports car at the Toyota GAZOO Racing Festival at Fuji Speedway.

See full details on the car here and look for more with AutoGuide's 2011 Tokyo Motor Show coverage starting Nov. 29 here.

More: Toyota GT 86 [Scion FR-S]: First Live Photos on Autoguide.com

·
Newbie One Kanobi
8,635 Posts
The Subie version is too close to the Toyota version. Makes you wonder what's the point?? Aren't they selling it in the U.S. as well? Or not? I know it will be overseas but this looks like blatant badging. Yes I know its the same car but I thought there would be more differences. Oh well.

I agree, its too bad its not under the Toyota badge name which actually has heritage and what this car is about. Scion is a has-been. One car can't pull the brand out, at least in this case IMO. We'll see. I want the car to do well...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Okay, I don't know why my comment was deleted, but I think it would be unfair to censor posts that you may consider 'bad publicity'.

Anyways, They should have kept the FT-86 body style. Hell, even the FT-86 II looked fine. Now it looks too feminine. Then again, that might be why my last post was deleted, for stating gender specifics.

·
Vivir el momento
18,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
The Image official launched todays says "GT86". So this chapter is finally settled.:lol:
It's called the GT86 in Europe. It's called the 86 in Asia. It will be called the Scion FR-S here in North America. Subaru's version will be called the BRZ everywhere they sell it.

161 - 180 of 2041 Posts
About this Discussion
2K Replies
119 Participants
molson.david
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing