Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toyota launched in UK the Hilux Invincible 200 limited edition. Toyota will only build 500 units that will go on sale on July 1st.

The Hilux Invincible 200 Double Cab is equipped with a Toyota Motor Sport diesel engine performance kit that transforms the performance of the 3.0-litre D-4D engine. Power is increased from 169 to 194bhp (171 to 197 DIN hp) and maximum torque rises from 343 to 430Nm, generated all the way from 1,600 to 3,200rpm, making the Invincible 200 more powerful than any of its market rivals. What’s more, the hike in output brings no penalty in fuel consumption or emissions compared to the standard Invincible.

The new Hilux flagship enjoys a superior specification, too, with exclusive two-tone leather upholstery, heated front seats, steel mesh front grille and black metallic paint finish. These are in addition to regular Invincible features, including darkened rear privacy glass, full-map touch screen satellite navigation, scuff plates and metallic finish alloy wheels.

[Source:TopSpeed.com]
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/-toyota-hilux-invincible-200-ar59273.html

·
My celica loves twistys.
1992 Toyota Paseo
659 Posts
d-4d?
is this the diesel 4 banger ?

why cant us get a cool little diesel 4bager

·
Registered
1989 ST162 Celica
27 Posts
Australia & NZ currently have it, i think you guys initally had it as well in the Prado but you all went for the bigger Petrol (or 'Gas') engined models.

Nice engine. would love to get that kit happening down under.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This puppy, with these features, in the UK sold in Brit pounds, would probably convert to something in excess of $45000 in US$. How many $45000 Tacos will we the public be willing to buy.

·
My celica loves twistys.
1992 Toyota Paseo
659 Posts
i thought the Hilux was our Tundra not tacoma?

·
My celica loves twistys.
1992 Toyota Paseo
659 Posts
so it is the tundra
or the USA predesesor
still Hilux everywhere around the world

it is the tundra >.>

·
00 4Runner 4x4, 06 Prius
4Runner & Prius
85 Posts
so it is the tundra
or the USA predesesor
still Hilux everywhere around the world

it is the tundra >.>
Negative.. HiLux is a world wide design (excluding the US) that used to be imported into the US as the only (at the time) toyota truck.. That was well before the Tundra or T100 came along. Old early '80s era Toyota trucks are HiLux trucks.

The HiLux trucks stopped being imported into the US when Toyota began production of the Tacoma truck for the US market.. For example the Tacoma frames are built by Dana Corporation.

Off roaders lament the replacment of the HiLux with the Tacoma as the HiLux is a more robust, heavier design built to withstand third world country roads, and better base vehicle for off roading. Also Toyota Diesels common in the rest of the world are similarly coveted due to their better fuel economy and low end torque.

·
Registered
2007 VW Rabbit
7 Posts
Eh, something about it doesn't look right. I know it's for Europe but I don't think the proportions match.

·
My celica loves twistys.
1992 Toyota Paseo
659 Posts
Is the Hilux sold in Mexico or Canada?
omg if its sold in mexico XD buy one and bring it to us
super sweet if you live in the lower states

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
371 Posts
omg if its sold in mexico XD buy one and bring it to us
super sweet if you live in the lower states
i actually drove one the last time i was in central america. the 3.0L D4-D version. That is one sexy truck, and powerful too. :smokin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts