Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Newbie on here im considering buying a new car but i am clueless really about them. Im just wondering can anyone reccomend any newer models or can tell me about the newer models say last few years.

·
Toyota Technocraft
163 Posts
In my Corolla Owners Manual it calls Denso. Nippondenso. "Get genuine Toyota Nippondenso Spark plugs." Now that is old school. Also on my power steering pump it says Toyoda. Just putting out some old school info.

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
You forgot to mention that the Kluger is the Highlander in the states.

A few to list that isn't listed on the Toyota list.

These are the current 2009 lineup that aren't listed.

Allion
Aurion/Presara
Estima
iQ
WISH
Succeed van/Wagon
Isis
Ipsum
Vanguard
Vellfire
Voxy
Auris
Axio (JDM version of the NA Corolla)
Crown/Comfort/Sedan/Majesta/Athlete/Hybrid/Royal Saloon (I just bunched it up)
Corolla Rumion/Fielder
QD200 (Delivery Van)
Coaster (Touring Bus)
Comfort
Sienta
Town Ace Truck/Van
Dyna/Toyoace
Noah
Probox Van/Wagon
Premio
Blade/Passo/Passo Sette/Belta(Yaris)
Porte
Mark X/Zio
Light Ace Truck/Van
Raum
Ractis
Land Cruiser Prado
Hiace Regius Ace
Tarago (AU Estima variant)
Sequoia
Fortune

Most of the pictures are here btw.
http://toyota.jp/carlineup/index.html

·
Vivir el momento
18,784 Posts
Wow. That's one thorough database. :thumbsup:

The seventh-generation Corolla was introduced in June 1991. With extended wheelbase, body length, width and height, the overall body styling gave the car a more massive feel, giving it an image of a higher-grade model. The Corolla had been steadily upgrading itself since its debut in 1966, and the trend reached the apex with the 1991 model, which became an affordable yet thoroughly high-quality sedan. The wagon and van models were also fully renovated three months later.

There were five available engines, including 1.3-liter 100 PS, standard 1.5-liter 105 PS, 1.6-liter "high-mecha" twin-cam 115 PS, and sports twin-cam 20-valve 160 PS gasoline-powered units, as well as a 2-liter diesel 73 PS unit. A "high-mecha" twin-cam engine was a highly efficient DOHC engine with special gears to drive two camshafts, and a sports twin-cam engine was a DOHC engine designed for sporty performance. While the 1991 Corolla was initially available only with a front-engine, front-wheel-drive configuration, 4-wheel-drive models became available in September 1991.

The wagon skipped the next model change, and was eventually replaced by the Fielder when the ninth-generation Corolla sedan was released. As for the van, it skipped two subsequent changeovers and was replaced by the Probox in 2002.
:loove:

·
straight cash homie
18,802 Posts
there are a lot of brochures contained with each model in their link. I only wish we could download the brochures as PDF rather than just view them as Flash.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
there are a lot of brochures contained with each model in their link. I only wish we could download the brochures as PDF rather than just view them as Flash.
Indeed, the only ones you can download are those directly from Toyota Japan's site in their archives.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
5,615 Posts
I love it when Toyota throws us a bone like this. Definitely one of the neatest things they've done for enthusiasts in a long time.

I wish Toyota North America did one for our market, that way the Cressida (and not Corona Mark II, which is what it was in Japan) would be on it.

·
straight cash homie
18,802 Posts
I love it when Toyota throws us a bone like this. Definitely one of the neatest things they've done for enthusiasts in a long time.

I wish Toyota North America did one for our market, that way the Cressida (and not Corona Mark II, which is what it was in Japan) would be on it.
Yeah, this 75th lineage thing is strictly Japan since this is the company anniversary. There was a 50th anniversary celebration back in 2007 for Toyota USA because it was their 50th year in the States; they got a special written by Automotive News with lots of good tales, some commemorative pins (need to find mines), and employees got a day off from work :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts