Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
3,022 Posts
Toyota or should i say Japan, really like to make their cars look like fish. The headlights look really cool though.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,630 Posts
The rear is a little confusing for me since they added fake vents like the Camry SE/XSE, but those vents are normal across all trims of the Sienna. Why, it makes it look like a crying clown.

·
straight cash homie
20,604 Posts
I think they nailed it...every time there is a new model, I'm always "the last one is long in the tooth". Sucks no more V6. The SE model was something interesting.

·
Registered
2001 Camry LE
690 Posts
Hold on... they're making EVERY Sienna a hybrid?? Wow, I am surprised they're not at least offering a V6 option. I think a lot of minivan buyers tend to hold on to their cars for awhile so I wonder if many people will be concerned about the reliability of the battery long-term. I know Toyota has had a decent track record, but for low-mileage drivers like me, I'm not confident the battery can last 20+ years like the rest of the car can.

Also wonder if the resale value of the current gen Sienna will tank once this model comes out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow. More people concerned about the reliability of the battery. Imagine my surprise. It's warranted for 150k miles. Only 2% of vehicles ever make it to 200k miles. People buy gas models like the Highlander Platinum and load them up with all the whiz-bang gadgetry that Toyota offers and aren't as concerned about their failure, and those gadgets are only warranted for 36k miles.

·
Registered
2001 Camry LE
690 Posts
Why is that not a valid concern? I have a 19 year old Camry that we bought new and just passed 105K miles yesterday. My car easily has another 10 years of life left in it, and given the rate that we use it, I do think we will keep it to age 30. I take the bus to work and don't drive too much during the week. A hybrid is not really the best car for me - I'd probably need to go through 3 batteries over the car's lifespan, plus, my car sometimes sits for many days at a time, which is not good for battery longevity.

Now, if I was driving 20K miles/year, I think the Sienna Hybrid would be perfect. But, that's not me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts