Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I wondered if anyone can help me. I have a 2016 RAV4 hybrid which has intermittent starting issues. When I push the button to start the car with the brake depressed the radio etc come on but the car will not start. After several attempts I get the error message ‘High Power Consumption partial limit on AC/Heater operation’ with the amber fault triangle on the dash. This has been going on for over a year and has been to 2 Toyota garages and both seem to be clueless as to what is causing it!
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks Julie

·
8,211 Posts
Curious am I - do you have AC/heat turned on when starting the vehicle? Make sure that is turned off and fan is also turned off. Matter of fact, make sure fan is not set to direct airflow onto Windshield as, then, it automatically turns AC on. AC runs off hybrid battery, hence possible overload.
Either way, either your 12V is going bad or hybrid battery needs to be checked.
Unfortunately, in my years here, you are the first one with such issue... I'd recommend to contact Toyota directly, for them to put some pressure on dealer. Toyota may easily send a house mechanic to work with your vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I make sure that everything is turned off and it makes no difference. The dealer is currently asking me to take my car in for them to check my battery for the second time in 2 weeks. They are then going to check my battery and will probably tell me the battery is low (again) for me to bring it home and charge the battery overnight to then take it back for them to recheck it! They are trying to say that my 2 year old Draper charger may not be compatible with the battery!
If there is still a problem they want me to document every single activity in the vehicle for a period of time as they think my usage may mean that I need to charge the battery on a weekly basis.
Thank you again for your help.
Julie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replace the 12v battery. Any further speculation about it's health (or lack of it) is pointless. Replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your help. I’m going to get it changed today. you’ve been more help than my Toyota dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts