Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.toyota.com/corolla/trims-prices.html
Based on this the S model is cheaper than LE trim. WTF?!?
I leased my 09 Corolla 2 years ago, and got stuck with the base model and the sticker price I remember was like a little over $17,000 I could of just got an LE and have power windows. I don't understand how Toyota prices their models. I know for sure they ripped me off, cause my car is waaay over miles, and I still have positive equity meaning I am paying too much every month, and if I kept the car at 12,000 miles a year, they would figure a way to take that build up equity. :confused: Anyone else leasing here? What are your payments and trim? Mine is basic roll down windows and everything at $240 a month.

·
Lowdown Lowlife
09 Corolla LE MGM
8,948 Posts
yeah, not sure on that one. Can't help ya with the lease thing, I didn't even consider a lease an option when I got my car.

Unsure about pricing as well on new cars as I got my LE used. Wish I could have gotten new, but must say, I do love my $199.43/month payment! It's a lot cheaper than most I've heard on here.

·
Registered
2009 Toyota Corolla
205 Posts
Depending on your lease payoff, you might want to look at trading it in for a purchase instead of a lease due to the current Toyota Incentives programs for 0% interest for 60months. Depending on your payoff on the lease, this could save you a few thousand dollars in the end.

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
over here the S is about 2k more expensive than the LE. around 16-17k for LE and 18-19k for S otd. (this is the price for the model w/o moonroof and jbl audio)

i wouldnt know about leasing, my family doesnt believe in that.

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
my cars sticker price was $20k w/o moonroof or jbl but I had a dealer 2k incentive and was 18 plus 2k down and a dealer "coupon" so OTD $15.5

now its $20k w/ moonroof and jbl no tint optitron etc.

·
Registered
629 Posts
ur forgetting about the transmission...the "LE" only comes in auto (a $1,230 option for the "S") the "s" thats priced below the "LE" is a manual....change the transmission on the "S" from manual to auto and it comes out to $17,350 for the "S" while the "LE" cost $16850

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,777 Posts
http://www.toyota.com/corolla/trims-prices.html
Based on this the S model is cheaper than LE trim. WTF?!?
I leased my 09 Corolla 2 years ago, and got stuck with the base model and the sticker price I remember was like a little over $17,000 I could of just got an LE and have power windows. I don't understand how Toyota prices their models. I know for sure they ripped me off, cause my car is waaay over miles, and I still have positive equity meaning I am paying too much every month, and if I kept the car at 12,000 miles a year, they would figure a way to take that build up equity. :confused: Anyone else leasing here? What are your payments and trim? Mine is basic roll down windows and everything at $240 a month.
Not the leasing issue again. :facepalm: :headbang: :lol:

Remember that you leased your Corolla when the 09 Corolla was brand new & a new design. The market slowdown had not hit Toyota like it had many other auto makers & Toyota was selling every Corolla they could make. A popular car is not going to get the discounts as it gets now because the market is much different than in 08 when the 09 Corolla came out.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
when leasing your car you gotta keep certain things on mind..

1. your credit score.
2. your down payment.
3. what you actually willing to pay a month.

you can get a pay off. just make sure "its not an upside down" transfer..make sure the dealer takes over the payments...

i was offered the corolla s w/ sunroof w/ 1k down for $240 a month, but i went w/ all the coupons and incentives ready and research done ahead of time..the guy wanted $320.00 a month n i declined.

on top of that i had a previous 07 sentra which the dealer payed off the remaining lease payments which were a total of 6 months at 284 a month!

so i got rid of the sentra..got a new corolla of my choice minimum down payment and he sentra was paid off by toyota..

·
Registered
306 Posts
Corollas are cheaper now than they were 2 years ago because Toyota is getting their ass beat by the competition. With all the recalls and bad publicity, people are loosing confidence in the brand. They will give you $2500 off and winter rims with tires and body side moldings to get you to take their 2010 off the lot.

The new Honda Civic in (2012) available in summer 2011. As good as it looks now it will be and evolution of the current vehicle. As Toyota lowers their prices to keep sales up, I suspect Honda will do the same. There are 10 other car companies competing for the same customers, every manufacturer is trying to hold on to their clients withn lower prices, better quality and more features. Can anyone afford to turn away clients just before the Chinese car manufacturers arrive?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts