Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
Japan, as always, gets folding mirrors. Why can't Toyota put them on the U.S. cars?

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
The original Camry debuted in 1980 as the rear-wheel-drive Celica Camry.
Did not freakin know that, so the Celica sprouted off 2 of Toyota's Greatest vehicles... then they just kill the mommy off like that when she gets bloated and overpriced.. for shame

·
Iron Chef IV
730 Posts
Seriosuly, why don't we get folding mirrors? I would gladly pay for that feature because it can save quite a bit of money when you keep having to replace mirrors that get knocked off.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Avalonman said:
Why don't they get the V6? AND, when is it being launched here?
The Camry never was a popular vehicle in Japan. They like to stick to smaller vehicles like the Avensis sedan. A V6 Camry would sell even less, and would also be applicable to higher taxes.

Toyota said it'll be in dealerships by March.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Prius
371 Posts
Ruffrydasean said:
Did not freakin know that, so the Celica sprouted off 2 of Toyota's Greatest vehicles... then they just kill the mommy off like that when she gets bloated and overpriced.. for shame

Here is the first gen camry....or camry celica

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Am I seeing right? That top pic does say "GT" on the grill, right? Haha! That's great! A Camry GT ... RWD rocks.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
yeah, the Camry came off the Celica, so did the Supra, and the Corolla came off the Tercel, if im not mistaken..

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
Avalonman said:
Why don't they get the V6? AND, when is it being launched here?

V6 Camry was unnecessary due to Lexus ES/Toyota Windom. JDM 2nd and 3rd Gen Equivalents had V6s - They were labeled Camry Prominent. Camry Gracia (4th Gen US) had a 2MZ V6 option.

http://www.alljapanesecars.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts