Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! Guys, I'm new to this forum. I love Toyota, Lexus, BMW, and Ferrari. You can tell that I love Toyota a lot since I love Toyota and Lexus. Anyways, my question was that why did Toyota make Sequoia when they already had the Land Cruiser. The Sequoia is a little bigger than the Land Cruiser but the Land Cruiser is about $10,000 more expensive than the top of the line Sequoia. Why? They both have about the same luxury things. Why would people buy the Land Cruiser then?

I like both. This stuff has been bothering me for some time.

Thanks.
BYE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some people like to drive vehicles that are a little less common. A LandCruiser does not get lost in the parking lot along side all of the Tahoes/Explorers and now Sequoias. I also appreciate how wide the vehicle is - - There is room between the 2 front seats. Not to mention it's legendary history as an incredible 4X4. Resale value is good. It also comes loaded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definitely a Land Cruiser. Just compare the 2 side by side. The materials use on the landcruiser are way better.

LCDRIVER said:
Some people like to drive vehicles that are a little less common. A LandCruiser does not get lost in the parking lot along side all of the Tahoes/Explorers and now Sequoias. I also appreciate how wide the vehicle is - - There is room between the 2 front seats. Not to mention it's legendary history as an incredible 4X4. Resale value is good. It also comes loaded.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Land cruiser has a smoother, more luxurious ride. The difference in interior luxury is serious too, Land Cruiser has lexus luxuy beauty.

·
Seattle Seahawks Rule
2005 Toyota Tacoma
222 Posts
Sequoia all the way, see you in the Sequoia page of Toyotanation.com

·
Seattle Seahawks Rule
2005 Toyota Tacoma
222 Posts
Same framework, how much of a difference?

·
Registered
342 Posts
^^ different frame work.

Land Cruiser has a shorter frame and has more structural rigidity.

Suspension is also different, wheelbase, front and rear track, larger and wider size tires and rims, ect....

·
Seattle Seahawks Rule
2005 Toyota Tacoma
222 Posts
and different price tag, go ahead and pay for the name and get the same with a Sequoia

·
Seattle Seahawks Rule
2005 Toyota Tacoma
222 Posts
Ggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lest see--SEAHAWKS suck!!

The LC is the more luxo of the 2 and it looks much better IMO. You also get more styling points ans looks if you like that as well:) LC all the way

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a 2000 LC owner I can honestly say that there is a world of difference between the two. LC hands down give you a much smoother ride not mention more space. I've test driven both and found the LC a much more comfortable ride. I know it's 10k more but IMO it's well worth the extra money.

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
The LC is more of a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im trying like heck to find me a nice used 99-02 landcrusher with no luck at all!! These things are hard to find cause nobody wants to get rid of them:)

·
Registered
Avalon
262 Posts
I would go for the landcruiser. The Sequoia is built on a modified Tundra frame and is nowhere near the vehicle the LC is. Just check the price.
The Sequoia is Toyota's answer to the Tahoe and Expedition. It has a car like ride and no locking diff. if I'm not mistaken. Sequoia is built for suburban use, while the LC is built to go anywhere. I once heard the only thing a LC can't climb is trees.

·
Registered
84 4X4 toyota pickup
342 Posts
it's like you said the sequoia is bigger, gets better mileage than older lc's but the lc has such a reputation for 4X4 and the seqoia comes in 4WD but i'm sure it's nothing like an lc. i think newer lc's get better mileage because they have the same v8 in them as all the other suv's instead of a straight 6.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hands down the Land Cruiser. I have driven both and there is noticeable luxury built into the LC that is not present in the Sequoia. The Sequoia feels more like a truck, will not handle as well off-road and supposedly (i've never tested this) does not pull as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts