Registered
'18 Corolla SE
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,984 Posts
Interesting name to say the least, at first I thought "Blade" was a new product line up name...I think the car looks nice and the power is pretty decient. That would be cool if they did put 280bhp engine in there but somehow I doubt it. Cool anyway.:thumbup:

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Yeah from what I heard on autoblog the 2GR should become an option soon...:D

·
Banned
211 Posts
I guess this confirms that the new Matrix will get a 2.4l 2az-fe. Might even get dual vvt-i while they're at it. Putting in the 3.5 is possible since it is 60 degrees and very compact engine. Even the rav4 can fit the 3.5, why not that.:clap:

Also, the 3.5 is already manufactured in the US, so that might mean something?

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
TTercel said:
Yeah from what I heard on autoblog the 2GR should become an option soon...:D
That won't happen. I never believe what autoblogs says about the future of the cars they report about.

Currently, it's running a 2AZ-FE. Yup the same engine found in Gen 5-6 Camry I-4s and Scion tCs. The 2GR is too big to fit inside the blade engine compartment anyways. You still probably can, it will be a tight fit but you will have hardly any room to work with. :disappoin

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,984 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
ehh.. is that not the Auris with the Corolla sedan's grille?
It seems this is the JDM equivelant...so yes I guess. Auris replaced the Corolla hatch in Europe but I'm thinking its still based on the same platform just different name?:thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
you guys are forgetting something

AWD! If this is the new matrix, and priced similar to the Matrix XRS, i will be one of the first to place a deposit

ps, is the 08 the year where the matrix is replaced?

ECHOKnight2000 said:
It seems this is the JDM equivelant...so yes I guess. Auris replaced the Corolla hatch in Europe but I'm thinking its still based on the same platform just different name?:thumbup:

Blade vs Auris

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.