Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a toyota factory service manual for my 86 truck. It is 100 times better than that haynes manual I have, an about 3 times the size:) its just so nice to actually have a manual thats so useful, and full of details.

·
Registered
481 Posts
After using the real thing it is hard to go back to the aftermarket manuals. That is why I have always bought the factory manual when I got another vehicle. Usually keep the manual when I trade or sell the vehicle. Probably should look for someone who could use the old ones.

·
NY born, Texas raised
705 Posts
Is the factory manual specific to just that year? I have a '86 4runner and the haynes manual covers so many years that it sometimes gets confusing. I would like a manual that just covers my engine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Factory service manual is for your year, and there is one for every year. It covers the entire truck, and there is a big section on the engine, pretty much everything you'd need to know, but I don't think you can just get one that covers only the engine. If you look on ebay there usually is one or two on there, and if not somebody on there might have one.

·
NY born, Texas raised
705 Posts
OK, I called the local Toyota dealer and they don't stock/sell manuals. I did an internet search and all I could find was Haynes and Chilton. Did not find one on ebay either. Any ideas? Want to scan the 500+ pages of yours and post it here for me:lol: .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have patience with Ebay. My past experience is that an original manual of the make and model you need will most likely show up for several $

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
texas12 I sent an email to the guy I got mine from, he mite have another one, when he gets back to me I'll let you know if he has one or not.

·
NY born, Texas raised
705 Posts
Thanks for the link. I just bought mine.

BTW Reading feedback on the seller, these are photocopied manuals and NOT originals. Do I care? Not really, I just want the information that is included inside. Also looks like 3-4 weeks for shipping is common. $70 plus $10 for shipping! Oh well, I will recover those charges by doing repairs myself.

Thanks again, Plowboy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had someone (alltrac165) reply to another post of mine that might help. Here is that post. The link appeared to have promise but I have yet to "subscribe".

:You can try techinfo.toyota.com
You can sign up for one day and print out the entire manual or just the parts you need. Lots cheaper than buying one. If you have other Toyotas, you can print the manuals out for them too." copied from another posting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts