Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, my mechanic recently did a complete engine overhaul (head and Block - replaced the bearings, rings, valve seals, pistons, re-sleeved the bours and replaced the oil pump), the car had a knock in the head. But it was starting and moving, but would fail after some time...and it will start again after cooling and shut off again after sometime. So after the overhaul and fitting the engine back into the car, it refuses to start and only cranks. The mechanic has tried everything but has since failed for six months. I then called in an electrician and he has since identified that there is no power to the injectors, the car starts for a few seconds when using starter fluid, but fails shortly after that. He suggest that I should buy the whole engine electrical loom/ harnes and I am skeptical considering that he made me buy a cam and crank sensor, new connectors etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day, my mechanic recently did a complete engine overhaul Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin (head and Block - replaced the bearings, rings, valve seals, pistons, re-sleeved the bours and replaced the oil pump), the car had a knock in the head. But it was starting and moving, but would fail after some time...and it will start again after cooling and shut off again after sometime. So after the overhaul and fitting the engine back into the car, it refuses to start and only cranks. The mechanic has tried everything but has since failed for six months. I then called in an electrician and he has since identified that there is no power to the injectors, the car starts for a few seconds when using starter fluid, but fails shortly after that. He suggest that I should buy the whole engine electrical loom/ harnes and I am skeptical considering that he made me buy a cam and crank sensor, new connectors etc.
It seems that you have a problem in the control pannel , take it back to him to have another look

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.