Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ever had a bad experience with Toyota Extended Care Road Side Service? On Easter Sunday I was left stranded after my son locked the keys in the 2008 Camry. I was not worried because I had purchased the extended care service package which includes the road side service, or so I thought it did. I called several people to help me get a number for Toyota Road side service. After calling and giving my VIN number I was told that I did not have the service, but could pay $120 for someone to come out and get me in and Toyota would reimburse me if in fact I did have the service. Being as I was 250 miles from home with no extra money at the time I had to get the keys myself with a coat hanger. In the process of getting the keys out I chipped a pea sized are of the paint above the driver's door and tore some of the weather stripping. On Monday I call the dealership I purchased the vehicle from and was told that I did have the service, but I would need to take it up with them because the Toyota extended care service package was not part of Toyota. I was also told "Why would Toyota pay to repair damage that I caused to my vehicle?" Here are the issues I have 1) Toyota sold me the service 2) The payment for the service goes directly to Toyota Financial with my monthly payment 3) What will happen if I am left in a state where I can't fix the situation myself and the cost are even greater??? Any thoughts?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
sounds like the dealer screwed you. sucks, but seems to be more and more common as time goes by. contact Toyota directly and notify them of this (you do have paperwork reflecting your purchase, right?), then get AAA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like the dealer screwed you. sucks, but seems to be more and more common as time goes by. contact Toyota directly and notify them of this (you do have paperwork reflecting your purchase, right?), then get AAA.

Yeah, it is starting to seem that way.... It really sucks that this was the easiest car bying experience that I have ever had. I do have the paperwork, and have been on the phone to Toyota since yesterday. The problem with dropping this is that I purchased it more for the "Worry Free Maintenance" so my wife, who drives the car, can just take it in to any dealership when she needs maint. or has a problem since I am out of town quite a bit. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
well the problem seems to be that as far as Toyota is concerned, you don't have this protection...that dealership basically stole your money. :\

i hope you can get it sorted. i hate seeing more and more Toyota dealers go this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts