Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else picked up the lastest issue of Super Street? It has a $hitload of xB coverage, a ton of tC info including a review, some xA stuff and a complete aftermarket Scion parts section. What really got me is how Bias the review of the tC is. I guess they flew these guys out to test it and they have nothing but praise for it. They actually say that they could not find a single fault with the car and that "It's a tricky machine, that tC, offering the driving characteristics of an exotic sports car".

Okay, seriously, get the f*ck out of here with that bull$hit. I have driven the damn car hard myself. Great value, yes. Decent power, okay. Good ride with a little bit of sportiness, sure. The driving characteristics of an exotic? HELL NO!

Seriously, you guys need to read this article. They are on the tC's nuts HARD. Some of the stuff they put, I know they can't even believe themselves.

If you have or are interested in a scion though, you will probbaly love this issue of Super Street. Lots on nice Scions in it. They have this new look for the magazine also which is pretty cool and some of the other articles and cars (like this one STI) are bretty [email protected]

·
Bootsing the 165
126 Posts
im lazy to go buy a copy so why not just do a scan of it

·
Did somebody say "Nachos"
1992 Toyota Camry
550 Posts
Edward_H said:
Hang out in a Chapters for 5 min and read the mag there for free :rolleyes:

·
Bootsing the 165
126 Posts
you really dont know how lazy i can be.. o well if i go to the eastend meet will stop by the chapters thats across the street

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Edward_H said:
A scan of what? The entire magazine? At least half the content in the book is on Scion/Toyota and it's a 300+ page issue.

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Shit! You mean car companies actually finance all these car review magazines????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:rofl:

·
Did somebody say "Nachos"
1992 Toyota Camry
550 Posts
I take it back about reading it in the store - it's sealed in a bag cuz it has NOPI info in it - sorry.

However, because of this thread - I picked the mag up, and then put it down - I am so NOT interested in reading page after page of Scion info when we can't ever get them up here.

Now don't get me wrong - I'd love to buy a tC over a Civic coupe say (if I was looking to buy a 2 door that is), and I read SS, SCC when the have parts guides for other cars - but I feel SS went too far to dedicate so much space to Scion.

Maybe I'll borrow a copy from a friend sometime....

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
I haven't read the current one, but will be getting it soon since I have a 4yrs subscription that I got for free.

I personally have not driven the tC, but will get to on a track in two weekends when Millenium Toyota get there turn to product test it at the track in Joisey.

I'm not saying that you didn't push the car, and that the tC does not have faults with it cause I found some myself.

But to the way it drives and handles... you really didn't get the chance to open it up since you had it for such a period of time, plus you didn't get a chance to drive it on a open road.

Maybe they had the chance to have it on a closed circuit track or road course, and really opened it up.... after all some mags like Motor Trend , got to test drive it with the TRD S/C on a track plus on the street.

Yes I will admit that the exotic comparision is a far stretch, but give them a chance, and be happy that we are getting this much exposure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
all the car magazines get free rental cars from the car companies. In exchange the car magazines write favorable reviews. it's a common practice

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
All I can say is that it is Super Street. Not exactly a great car magazine. I used to get it and thought it was ok, but the guys who write it are morons. Not in a way that they have no knowledge about cars but that are dicks. The magazine has an angry ricer feel to it that I out grew some time ago. I got sick of the magazine and stoped buying it.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sportivo Concepts said:
I haven't read the current one, but will be getting it soon since I have a 4yrs subscription that I got for free.

I personally have not driven the tC, but will get to on a track in two weekends when Millenium Toyota get there turn to product test it at the track in Joisey.

I'm not saying that you didn't push the car, and that the tC does not have faults with it cause I found some myself.

But to the way it drives and handles... you really didn't get the chance to open it up since you had it for such a period of time, plus you didn't get a chance to drive it on a open road.

Maybe they had the chance to have it on a closed circuit track or road course, and really opened it up.... after all some mags like Motor Trend , got to test drive it with the TRD S/C on a track plus on the street.

Yes I will admit that the exotic comparision is a far stretch, but give them a chance, and be happy that we are getting this much exposure.
Was this in response to me?

I agree I didn't get to drive it as hard as I wanted or as long but in the short time period I did, I found the car had too much body roll for me and the back end came around on what I thought was a routine turn for my Camry. That is what worries me. I couldn't even REALLY get to push the car and I found the limits. I would be scared to actually TRY and push it. I am sure with TRD parts, it would be an entirely different story but they were talking about a stock tC just like the one I drove.

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
Guys, this is nothing new....

I got mixed feelings towards it overall. Doesn't matter to me if Scion is getting coverage over Honda. I don't own a Scion, nor do I care to own one any more than me wanting to own a Honda.

Overall, there's no love from any of these mags to the real guys who go against the grain like us and try to be original and not jump the bandwagon. Honestly based on what's covered; if it doesn't have a Corolla or a 510, it does nothing for me. I never expect to see a Camry project in there. I can only wish...:disappoin

I guess I have to give some form of props to Stupid Street because their April and Aug issues have features of TE27 Corollas. At least SS got Roel Concepcion on the mag, and he's a Ol Skool Toyota man. Before that, all they did was Honda.

SCC is not a real car mag, nor will it ever be one. Honestly, SCC is the poor excuse of a import mag created by Primedia. The company who created Sport Cumpact Car, then started buying Turbo, Stupid Street, and Lowrider and made them worse.

Now there's a mag called Modified that claims that they will be different from all the others...Ummmm, yeah, right...that's what they all say.....

TN should make a mag for the true Toyota enthusiast. A mag for the creative types like us who dare to be different and not follow the crowd. Let's be honest, almost everyone here has at least one project they would like to complete. It be nice to put it out there for all the naysayers to see...

Just my 2 cents....

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
I picked up this issue
1. because im love with both the xb and the tc
and
2. wanted to see this bias for myself

WOW, they got toyota's dick all up in their ass on this one:bukkake:

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
toyrolla said:

Now there's a mag called Modified that claims that they will be different from all the others...Ummmm, yeah, right...that's what they all say.....

TN should make a mag for the true Toyota enthusiast. A mag for the creative types like us who dare to be different and not follow the crowd. Let's be honest, almost everyone here has at least one project they would like to complete. It be nice to put it out there for all the naysayers to see...

Just my 2 cents....
I've only seen Modified online and never in any store so I don't know how good or bad they are.

As for a toyota only mag, this has been something I've been pondering on and planned on doing in the near future.

The plans for it was to be either bi-monthly which is like 6 mags a year or do a quaterly mag (4 issues).

The reason behind such low publications is due to gathering content and making it something worth while. so keep a look out who knows if not me maybe somebody will get it done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts