Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Toyota Solara
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just recently lowered my 2003 Toyota Solara SE with Eibach Pro kit springs. I love the appearance but the handling is kind of rough, and when I hit small dips in the road I can hear my shocks bottoming out. At first I thought that it was because I have 17 inch rims (w/low profile tires) on my car, but then I realized that there are cars out there with bigger rims that are lowered. Does anyone know what would be some good shocks to get for a 2003 Solara? I looked at other Solara's on Cardomain and some of them stated that they have Eibach shocks. However when you go to Eibach's website they only offer the Springs for a 2003 Solara. Im guessing that maybe they used the shocks from a 2002 Camry? I need to fix this problem ASAP. Your suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Old Solaraguy User
'99 Solara
136 Posts
when i had that setup, I used Tokico Blue HPs as my struts. Worked fine. Eventually swapped the Tokico/Eibach setup to go with something that offered a more even drop. Keep in mind though, whenever you lower a car, your always gonna "feel" the road more. The lower, the more drastic it gets. your rims have nothing to do with bottoming out. bottoming out could be a sign of 1. worn struts, 2. OEM struts aren't designed to be complimented with aftermarket springs, 3. there's not enough of a bump stop on the strut.

Just as an example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKI...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Old Solaraguy User
'99 Solara
136 Posts
^^never had any experience with Tokico springs before. I'd check to see how much they drop it first, don't remember seeing that on that website you provided.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts