1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Japanese Automaker Creates 386,300 American Jobs

Ann Arbor, MI .
Starting with its first small dealership in Hollywood, California in 1957, Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Inc. has been investing in America. In 1986, Toyota began manufacturing operations in the United States with General Motors at a joint-venture manufacturing facility in Fremont, California. Today, Toyota’s U.S. manufacturer-related operations are also located in five other states: New York, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama and Indiana. And the new San Antonio, Texas Toyota Tundra plant, scheduled to open in 2007, will generate approximately 9,000 additional jobs and $460 million in annual compensation once it is fully operational.
A new study from the Ann Arbor, Michigan-based Center for Automotive Research (CAR) shows Toyota’s investment of $13.4 billion in its U.S. operations contributed 386,300 jobs and $14.4 billion in wages to the U.S. economy in 2003. "This study illustrates the importance of foreign direct investment in the United States, which is largely responsible for the U.S. motor vehicle industry first recovering, and then maintaining, its traditional position as the largest national automotive industry in the world," said Kim Hill, Director for CAR. "Toyota is one of the major international automakers leading this trend."
"Toyota’s long-time motto is “to enrich society through building cars,” said Dennis Cuneo, senior vice president, Toyota Motor North America.”We are proud to be an integrated part of the American economy and an integral partner to the communities where we do business."

http://www.info-toyota.com/us_jobs.htm

i received this email along with some offers for the holidays and i just thought i'd share with whoever keeps up with the news.

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Yup, thats a fact. Its funny how a lot of the domestic lovers will try to validate themselves by saying that they buy American to support they American economy, yet some Japanese cars are actually MORE American than their so-called "domestic" counterparts. Funny, isnt it?

·
Expat Kiwi Afficianado
1992 Camry SE V6
316 Posts

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
didnt someone in the government get criticized for driving a Hyundai or something like that instead of a chevy...if my memory is correct, he said that his Hyundai(or whatever it was) was actually made in America instead of Mexico, where the Chevy was made. I don't remember where i read about this but it made sense to me because he was being criticized for not having bought an "american" name, and therefore it wasnt patriotic, but in reality, it was because it was made in the USA.

can someone verify this, I'm not sure if im 100% correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.