Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I went to local Toyota dealership to get a part, and ended up seeing this immaculate, pristine condition 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo. It is being sold for 39k by the owner of the dealership Patt Lobb. It has 100k miles and everything is original except for the wheels and strut bar. It was an amazing moment for me, never seen one so close/in detail and in perfect condition.:) There is not too many Supras around here, so I was really excited and wanted to share with you guys what I saw.:thumbsup:

Automatic??? WHY??:sosad:
The salesman was telling us a story about how a deaf man can in too see it and wrote "Supra?" and the salesman wrote "40,000.". Then he wrote "Automatic?", salesman "Yes" then the guy ":disappoin, and walked away" LMAO:lol:

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
I heard those automatic Supra turbo´s where actually pretty hardcore and great for drag racing. And I heard they were rare.

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
i wouldn't pay 39k for a supra period. you can buy/build a better car than a clean 94 supra with 100k miles for 40 grand.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,736 Posts
^ Ditto. For $39K you can bet a better car, like a WRX Sti or Evo MR and have spare change for some wheels. I wouldn't bat an eye for a Supra over $10k but I guess that's rare huh?

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
I heard those automatic Supra turbo´s where actually pretty hardcore and great for drag racing. And I heard they were rare.
Yep, I've read about that too.

i wouldn't pay 39k for a supra period. you can buy/build a better car than a clean 94 supra with 100k miles for 40 grand.
:werd:

^ Ditto. For $39K you can bet a better car, like a WRX Sti or Evo MR and have spare change for some wheels. I wouldn't bat an eye for a Supra over $10k but I guess that's rare huh?
:werd:

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
^yea thats not the full story. shit looks like it's been built up a bit. thats why it's 39k. it would be in the 20k range otherwise. theres a few for sale around here and i seen some up close and personal and they are worth every penny. true rare beasts. some day i'll own one.

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
There's more done to that Supra than just a strut bar and wheels.

Those cam gears are HKS.
cool beans. that means someone has driven it pretty hard for about 100k miles. i still think you can get a better, faster car with warranty for 39k. i've driven a supra with some mild bolt-ons. a nice car, but nothing too special in my opinion.

if i bought that supra i'd probably do this to it. hahaha

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
That's a CLEAN example... but decent stock ones can be found for closer to $20-25k.

if i could get my hands on a supra i wouldnt care if it didnt even have a tranny. my all time favorite car. very nice.
+1000. :lol:

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts
There are definitely nicer out there, with considerably less miles on them, but it does look pretty well taken care of.

Jeff

·
Camry Expert/MR2 JR Xpert
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
$39k FNF Supra FTL!!! :lol: But a supra is a supra...even if it was an automatic...that just means I wouldnt hate it in traffic....

·
Registered
162 Posts
And the VIN tags are missing on the front fenders (resprayed) and the rubber seal between the headlights is missing, the battery surround and positive terminal cover is missing. Who knows if there's a story with this one. Definately not work 39K...at least 18K overpriced

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,736 Posts
I found two well-maintained Supras with 2JZ-GTE and manual at my local premium used car lot....maybe I'll go check it out and see how they go for. :naughty:

·
Registered
650 Posts
yeah 39k is high. i think 25-28k is a better price for it. its very hard to find supras with 100k or less miles with minimal modifications.

a supra is my dream car but i would like to just get a shell and build it from the ground up and hopefully achieve around 600-700hp. but i know thats means lots of money and time for that to be achieved.

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
20k stock vs 39k for something with a strut bar, wheels, and HKS cam gears. there better be more to that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts