Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, im new to this fourm and new to toyota turcks. I just got a brand new 2004 toyota tocoma for graduation. And im thinking about lifting and adding pipes to it. Does anyone have any suggestions for lift kits and exhaust systems? Thanks...

·
Registered
406 Posts
on my truck i have a 3 inch body lift with rancho rs5000 shocks. on my application, i dont have a suspension lift, but i plan to do so in the future if i keep the truck for a long period of time. It looks good with the body lift, a good stance. Doesnt look stock, but not too tall either.
For your truck id get the Rancho 5000 or 9000 series. They are a wonder offroad and good on the street also.
For exhaust, get a flowmaster,or equivalent, dont get a ricer pipe. lol and if you really want it to sound good, get glass packings. I too am gonna buy a exhaust system eventually for mine becuase it sounds so weak now. :eek:: And also think about investing in an aftermarket air filter system. they help for sound and power also.:)

-Adam-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive called flowmaster and they said that they do not make any systems right now for a 2004 toyota tocoma =(.

·
Registered
406 Posts
hmmm, well, you may be able to buy one of their mufflers and custom make piping for it,( or keep stock piping, and just install muffler) or you can take it to a muffler shop and they'll fab up a whole custom system for you. There you will spend a few more $$ though.

go to www.flowmastermufflers.com (im 99% sure thats their website) and check out the mufflers, and find out dimensions and see if you can stuff it one of their mufflers up into your exhaust.

-Adam-

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah don't bother asking flowmaster, they won't be able to tell you anything. I went to a muffler shop that has done work for me in the past and just got a flowmaster and all I did is replace the muffler. He liked the piping that was stock so he left it. He said that's the best for performance, if you want sound you can get 3 inch piping, but you'll lose some power. I have the original 40 series with stock piping and I love it. Great sound, but not obnoxious. If you have a double cab go with the delta flow, the position of the muffler in the d-cab is right under the cab, so it resonates too loudly inside, but with the xtra cab like mine it's perfect with the original.

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
Fish17 said:
What about lift kits ... what does eveyone recommend?
If you have the $$$ buy some coilovers for the front. Sway-a-Ways, Donahoes or Kings would be best. Those will cost you anywhere between $500 and $800 a pair. If you're poor like me, go with coil spacers up front (I recommend Cornfed spacers at www.cornfedsuspension.com ).

As for the rears, you can get a pair of custom leaf packs from Deaver or Alcan. Those will run you another $500-$700 or so. But, if you're on a budget, go with add-a-leafs (AALs) or shackles. Check out the link below for all the pros and cons of various lifts. Hope I helped ya some.

http://www.CustomTacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=137&c=10

·
I only eat vegatarians
2004 Tacoma Xtra-Cab
179 Posts
I recently put a flowmaster 50 series delta (in stainless steel) on my 2004 Tacoma (Xtra-cab, 3.4, auto, 4wd, TRD, ...). It sounds really good, it has a nice deep/throaty sound that does not get "whiny" at higher RPM's (the flowmaster 40 series gets alot of complaints about this). It is loud enough to get people's attention, yet the interior resonance is not annoying. I can really notice a difference in the way my trans shifts- it's much smoother and I do notice an increase in power (I also have a K&N filter installed- I highly recommend it). I decided to keep my truck looking pretty much stock and I only changed out the muffler- I kept the same single output (I thought about getting a dual output, but it would require a lot of work b/c there is not a whole lot of room to run a second pipe out). I highly recommend getting a flowmaster- I should have done this a few months ago when I bought the truck. My other Tacoma had a 3" lift w/ 33" tires- I beat the hell out of the truck and it never gave me any problems even at 180,000 miles. I got broadsided and the truck was totalled. -I plan to lift this truck when the warranty expires (I have a 75,000 mile or 6 year warranty).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also check out the Magnaflow catback system - part #15811.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts