·
The Biggest comment Whore
2002 Camry LE
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota to Unveil All-New, Second-Generation
Highlander and Highlander Hybrid At 2007 Chicago Auto Show

01/19/2007
TORRANCE, Calif., January 19, 2007 - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., will stage the world premiere of the all-new 2008 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid sport utility vehicles (SUVs) at the 2007 Chicago Auto Show.

The first-generation Highlander, Toyota's best-selling mid-size SUV, debuted during the 2001 model year. The Highlander Hybrid, Camry Hybrid and Prius give Toyota Division the only three-vehicle hybrid line-up in the industry.

The Toyota press conference will take place on Wednesday, February 7 at 9:15 A.M. CT in the Grand Ballroom in McCormick Place, with a live simulcast to the Toyota display area at the show. A video clip of the press conference will be available for viewing following the event on the Toyota.com website.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,984 Posts
Can't wait! I'm curious what it will look like. It pretty popular since I see them everywhere!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It'll also get the 2GR, just like every other model with a V6 option. The MZ series is moving closer and closer to death. I think only the Solara and current Highlander use the MZs now.

They should be moving the Hybrid Synergy Drive over to the 2GR as well. It's more efficient than the 3MZ and will produce around 290-300hp :whatwhat: .

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Camry
29 Posts
MAR said:
This is just a guess, but I'm thinkin 0-60 in 6 sec flat.
i'll say its a good guess because toyota cars i think are getting pretty fast, look at the avalon, camry, rav4, and not tundra which was recently tested of a 6.3 0-60 time by freakin edmunds.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The 2GR +HSD would be a rocket and that's what Lexus buyers look for ( new 400h ) but Toyota buyers look for fuel economy and affordable pricing. The current HH got some knocks, deservedly IMO, for being pricey and only so-so on FE. What Toyota-buying family needs a 300 hp SUV? The Sequoia and Land Crusher don't have 300hp.

Now put the 2.4L Atkinson + HSD into a HH and it will be like the TCH. It will improve FE over the current HH and hopefully be less expensive. Make the base model the hybrid.

·
Registered
290 Posts
kdhspyder said:
The 2GR +HSD would be a rocket and that's what Lexus buyers look for ( new 400h ) but Toyota buyers look for fuel economy and affordable pricing. The current HH got some knocks, deservedly IMO, for being pricey and only so-so on FE. What Toyota-buying family needs a 300 hp SUV? The Sequoia and Land Crusher don't have 300hp.

Now put the 2.4L Atkinson + HSD into a HH and it will be like the TCH. It will improve FE over the current HH and hopefully be less expensive. Make the base model the hybrid.
Pulling heavy body, smaller engine donesn't mean better FE. Camry, Rav4 and Tundra already show that.

·
TN's Pilot in Command
1999 Lexus RX300 AWD
371 Posts
I really hope that the picture is not of a real next gen highlander. It looks like a mix between the rav4, the current highlander, and especially the santa fe. If thats the one, then toyota took a step back, not forward.:thumbdown

1 - 20 of 96 Posts