Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Not so noob anymore
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

Anyone had Toyota Gold touch service before? There is a bad smell in my car since the service. I have heard of this happening to others getting the car cleaned inside but what causes it and how can I fix it?

Toyota Touch service details is on this link:
http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObj...ouch-Kzcbt4Yxc47tKr08buVXBw/0.5?o141000e.html

Here's the background - a few weeks ago my nephew was in the back seat and split choco milk on the carpet. I was out of the car at the time, so the wife and kids "cleaned" it up. A few days later there is quite a reek emanating from the back. So I asked my wife, what happened and she told me. At this point it's been over a week. I tossed my carpets - which could not be saved. I bought some cleaner from Cdn tire and some Febreeze. I washed/shampooed cleaned it 6 times and emptied the entire bottle of Febreeze. As a last resort I tried to find somewhere to get the interior shampooed and could only get Toyota within a reasonable time frame. The smell was almost gone by the time I took the car in, but now the whole car smells nasty.

Pls help!!

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Why in hell would you let a dealer touch your car? Do you really think the 15year olds give a shit about it? Not only that <HURL> at the horrible equipment, products and people!

btw it's time to go get some carpet shampoo and vac it out. If it's still there after a day driving with the windows down, take the seats out and clean everything in the car.

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
I'd probably get it professional detailing service to clean and shampoo the interior of the car. Might be expensive, but you get what you pay for. :D

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
troy said:
I'd probably get it professional detailing service to clean and shampoo the interior of the car. Might be expensive, but you get what you pay for. :D
:werd:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts